Author Topic: Lost , passing of fiancé at age of 29  (Read 2744 times)

Offline Vicky86

Lost , passing of fiancé at age of 29
« on: July 08, 2016, 12:26:08 AM »
I have very recently lost my darling Dan who lost his battle with advanced bowel cancer on 5/7/16 which had spread to his liver.

Dan was diagnosed on 3/4/16, so am feeling a mix of emotions currently angry, numb, extreme sadness, cheated.

We were together for 12 m engaged for 7 years and very happy together.
Dan had just started a new job he loved, I had been promoted , We were planning our wedding, moving house and trying for a family this year and everything was going really well... Until bang his cancer diagnosis (with no symptoms until Dan ended up in a and e) which makes everything seem even more unfair.

We have been living together for 7 years with our 2 cats and have been unable to return to our home as it is too painful, so have moved back into my dads.

I feel that at the moment as I am sure others do that I can't see a future for myself without Dan and am finding it very difficult to cope, just living minute by minute currently.

I do have a good support network of family and friends but just miss Dan so much, we wouldn't go a day without being with each other or at least talking with each other if one of us was away for some reason.

Please can others share how they were/are able to just cope

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Lost , passing of fiancé at age of 29
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 08:02:58 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
With grief we need to take little steps. Take it a day at a time, or an hour at a time if needed on bad days. Time will help, but it can feel a slow, rollercoaster journey. Keep talking, it does help xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline rajahh

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 04:57:48 PM »
Hi and welcome. We cope because we have no choice. When I wasfirstbereaved I used to say " I just keep breathing" and that is how it is in all honesty.

We do feel we will never recover, or smile or laugh again, but very very slowly we do.

Do it time yourself, do it give yourself a target except to get through each day,

You are in a dark tunnel with many bends in it, but the light is there .

Jeannette

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 10:40:46 PM »
Hi Vicky. Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Coping is something that just happens. Somehow we get through the days despite our emotions screaming at us that we can't. As time goes by it gets a bit easier and there are many setbacks but somehow we keep getting through the days and , ever so slowly, start to get used to our lives that have been changed forever.

It is very early in your journey but you will make progress no matter how much it seems impossible.

Wishing you strength

:hug: