Author Topic: How do you Keep Close  (Read 4288 times)

Offline mike59

How do you Keep Close
« on: May 14, 2016, 06:25:16 AM »
I Mentioned the Ring I am having made, for thoses who maynot be Aware of what Ashes to Glass is?, its when you get your loved ones ashes ( ussually A tea spoon of ashes) made into A Gemstone or even put into your Jewlery. its my way of Coping and Feeling My wife Close to me, I have my wifes Ashes at Home ( Gail) In a Lovely casket/Box which is lit up at night surrounded with Candles its like my own place for her and she is Close to me makes me Feel Safe by my side,Gail also has on Our Bed her Favourite Pillow she has had for years it Belonged to her sister who Died of Cystic fybrosis many years ago Gail took this Pillow Everywhere we Went, Now I Cuddle it at Night when I go to bed I also Talk to it Because I know my wife is there I can Feel her Somtimes  how do you Cope and What method or things Remind you Of Your Loved ones?

mike xx  :hug:  :hearts:  :hug:

Offline Joann

Re: How do you Keep Close
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 09:23:52 AM »
Thats a lovely idea Mike. I have a cushion with my profile picture on it on my bed and I give my Mum a kiss or cuddle when I need to. We are scattering Mums ashes in August and I would love to keep some but some of my family disagree. I think your idea is lovely, always keep her close.
Taking it one day at a time.

Offline mike59

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 09:29:29 AM »
I am very Lucky Joann My Children All Love the Idea of my Gails Ashes are with me and at Home, and Having her Ashes On my Finger Really Gives me Stregnth.

:hug:  :hearts:  :hug:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 11:55:23 AM »
Hi mike.

Margaret was.buried with her father so I do not have any ashes.

I bought a memory box on the Internet and have placed things that remind me of her in it. I have things like a lock of hair, favourite perfume and lipstick, wedding ring, her purse with all its contents etc etc. I haven't been strong enough to look through it yet without crying but I'm sure I will at some point be able to look through it with fond memories.

I also have a cushion I cuddle up to in bed. It contains Margaret's dressing gown that she was using up to the day she collapsed. That gives me a lot of comfort when I am at my loneliest.

Offline mike59

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 04:26:08 PM »
I am Exactly the same Our bedroom and Most of the House is as we had it before Gail Passed, I dont want to change any of it it would Break my Heart, as she loved her house and how she had worked hard to keep it to her Standards. as for her Clothes I dont want to Touch them yet I just cant it hurts to much.
My Daugher has told me she would help when Im ready or if I wanted to, I cant even think  that far yet the only Thing I want is to Finnish off a Little Decoration that we had Planned but that can wait until I/we have time,Im still Looking for Photographs to hang on the Wall of My Children and Gail So I can see her as much as Possible.

:hug:

Offline rajahh

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 05:16:28 PM »
I have a favourite photo of Gordon before he had Alzheimer's. I e mailed it to photobox and had a portrait size one done. It is un framed, and looks like a canvas really. It is on the ensuite door so when I wake up he is smiling at me. I touch his cheek as I pass him.

I was able to part with his clothes fairly easily as they reminded me of his illness too much. He had to have different clothing than when he was able to look after himself, but I kept his dressing gown and that is on the bathroom door next to mine.

I have spread most of his ashes along favourite walks we used to do and the last lot is going to Scotland with me to leave round the bench on the river where he proposed. My family know that is where my ashes shoukd go eventually, up in Scotland on my most favourite walk of all.

Offline Spaicer

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 10:08:34 PM »
Hi Mike, I can't bear the thought of having Terry's ashes in the house or scattering them so we are going to have them interred in the cemetery in a couple of weeks & have a headstone, I have told the children I want to go along side when my turn comes even if it is 30+ years on, I'm 50 so I hope for their sakes its not soon, that would be cruel for them.  I was going to have some of his ashes "grown" into a gem but have decided against it and have had our wedding rings & my engagement ring made into  new piece, I tried wearing his wedding ring but I found it too painful as I could just picture on his finger.  I have kept some of his clothes but can't bring myself to smell them - too painful.  I have photos everywhere.

Offline mike59

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 07:40:00 AM »
Thankyou for your Welcome Replies, My Heart reaches Out to All of you I Like you Always want to think Of Gail and the Wonderful Times we Shared, However We all Save Our Memories and have Our Loved ones beside us or with us is the way We choose for Ourselfs. Im trying to find as many Photographs as Possible to make up as Many to put Around Our House also I am Investing in a couple of them Digital Photograph Frames so it can Change from Picture to Picture, That will Surely Comfort me and My small Family..

I hope you all have a Good Day ......Mike x   :hug:

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 08:45:13 AM »
I've ordered  two ashes to glass items due in 10 days,  a pendant so I always have George with me and a paperweight which will be put by the many photos I have of him - from him as a child to the time were together. I keep jthese next to where I sit  in the living room. I also have a  photograph of  the two of us laughing together next to our/my bed, which I kiss in the mornings.
I had thought of a memory box but then realised the flat is his memory box. George was a carpenter so his work is all around me.  I keep some of the birthday Christmas and Valentine cards he gave me taped inside the door of a shaker wardrobe he built so every time I open the doors I see them.
I still have his favourite clothes and tools he used. He loved buying broken down old clocks and mending them. There are three - including one he built himself from scratch (took him 4 years) and a renovated grandfather clock  in the living room. All working.

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 08:50:55 AM »
Forgot to say, I have George's ashes in an urn on a small table in the living room. I was going to scatter them originally, but now they feel right, where they are.

Offline mike59

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 10:49:56 AM »
Thats Wonderful Rosaleen you are Surrounded with your Husband with things he made, I am very much the same I am saving My wifes (Gail) Ashes When I pass I want mine In 3 Boxes Containers Urns whatever. mixed withm my Wifes Ashes then the £ boxes will Be Given to my 3 Children to do as they Please I know all have them have asked for them already,Obviously they feel the same as me, I am also having my wifes Ring made a Git bigger to Fit my Middle finger so I can Wear it, I just feel Closer to Her,also Sorting all her best Photographs so that I can Cover the Walls with Gail and My Children. sorry to rant a bit.

:hug:   :hearts:   :hug:xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2016, 10:25:50 PM »
Hi Mike.

I didn't mention in my last post that I also have a digital photo frame with some of my favourite pictures of Margaret. It plays them in a slideshow with the picture changing every 30 seconds. I originally got it for the post funeral gathering and now it is in my living room.