Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2770 times)

Offline MyDoobs

• New Members
Hello
« on: December 30, 2017, 08:42:06 PM »
Hi just found this forum so hope its ok to join.

I nursed my mum for several years and she sadly passed away end of April 2017. Then just 4 weeks later my darling fiancé suddenly passed away too. Although I have 2 wonderful daughters and 2 fab grandchildren I feel so very lonely.

Fiancé and I had so many plans for our future as I'd put my life "on hold" (willingly) to nurse my dear old mum.

Don't know what else to say really so I'll just have a browse around if that's ok.

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 08:56:48 PM »
Hi and welcome.  Sorry for your losses.  When you feel ready please tell us a little about your mum and fiance.  Sending hugs.
Penny x

Offline MyDoobs

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 09:18:03 PM »
Thank you Penny x

My mum had been ill for a long time with COPD. My brother and sister live in the USA so it was all down to me to look after her.

Bless her she was quite a character! Very stubborn and very loving and she's left a huge hole in my life!

My fiancé had been suffering with depression since his own mum died three years before but was starting to believe we could finally have a life together. Unfortunately that wasn't to be  :cry:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 11:33:52 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
One loss is hard enough, two so close together must be so hard.  Hope you find the forum helps, it certainly helped me xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline MyDoobs

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 10:00:55 AM »
Thank you Emz I'm dreading tonight the thought of going into a new year without them both is horrible xx

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 02:02:13 PM »
Your not alone in how you feel.  I've always found new year harder than Christmas.
Take care. X

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 06:28:14 PM »
I dont think we do leave them behind.New year is just a date decided by the calendar we use.In previous times new year was signified by the passing of the longest night which has already passed.But to get through new year i went back too those traditions but on the new date..Basically when you let in the new year you let in the light but you can also carry those that have been your light forward with you.This is symbolised by lighting a candle before midnight and letting it burn until after.( any light will do if you dont have a candle). this is what i do every year.No party no fireworks or auld lang syn with people i dont know but a quiet auld lang syn on my own to those i have known and love.It may sound silly but its one of the least lonely nights of my year.

Offline MyDoobs

• New Members
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 08:37:50 PM »
Thanks Karena I light a candle every evening for them xx I think the 'firsts' are always the worst?