Author Topic: I feel abandoned  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Lucybee73

I feel abandoned
« on: December 21, 2017, 07:21:47 PM »
My mum died 6 years ago from lung cancer.  I had a little bit of time to come to terms with her loss before she died and my dad was my rock when she finally died.  We would often talk about her and cry together, which really helped me carry on.  Then a year ago dad died suddenly and I feel abandoned.  I am struggling to come to terms with his loss, I'm not sure I believe he's gone yet.
I live with my husband and daughters.  Both of his parents are still alive and I don't think he realises how difficult this past year has been for me.  I am hoping that this group will be the outlet I need.

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Re: I feel abandoned
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 11:18:42 PM »
Hello Lucy and welcome.

I know many here understand exactly what you are going through right now and my heart goes out to you sincerly. Just writing all these pent up feelings you have is a great outlet, and a very proven way to mend a broken heart I can promise you that...
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 07:40:32 AM »
Sending you a big welcome hug lucybee  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 05:42:48 PM »
 :hug: Hi Lucy.It is horrid enough when we lose one parent but losing the other shifts the foundations from under your feet completely,that feeling of being orphaned applys no matter how old we are.I remember also realising I was now the matriarch,no longer having someone else to refer too but having to take the senior role myself which was quite scary,yet over time we recognise their guidance and wisdom did enable us to take on that role.Christmas is also difficult as they were there for our Christmases from the first ever one.