Author Topic: How we spend our days ?  (Read 7240 times)

Offline Jude M

How we spend our days ?
« on: March 16, 2016, 09:15:56 PM »
I go walking and today did 5 miles walking up The Wrekin, this wasn't 5 miles going as normal people do, I have to walk  up the sides of it. But I will admit it is getting me fitter and seeing the views from the top,is worth all the huffing and puffing , then seeing all the wild life .
Poor Pip bless him, my little companion  think today he walked his little legs off and now flat out sleeping and snoring on my bed  :smiley:
I know  when I start my new job , might not be able to go up so much,  with work and housework to keep me busy  :sad:
I get up, go to work and survive another day .

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Re: How we spend our days ?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 09:35:48 PM »
I really envy the fact you have such beautiful walks in your area Jude and that you are rewarded with such splendid views when you reach your goals there.

Keeping yourself fit as well is a sure way of having the feel good factor, so well done you and keep it up.  :coffeetoast:
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Jude M

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 10:21:49 PM »
I must admit, when I get to the top I feel that I have achieved something,even if it is only walking up a hill  :laugh:
But I know if Paul was here I wouldn't be doing it, so in a way I am walking for us both.

Offline missfrier

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 05:50:14 AM »
 I get up get bradley to school come.tidy up do coursework may go shopping  go to work come do more courese work tuesdays i do that to but take bradley swimming  wednesday i get brad to school  then i go sure start then work  come home tidy up go get brad  if noce we go to park or beach,thursday course work work  helpping braf with his home work friday,hia pretty much same. But go ashes mum do her shopping take any post to be sent sorting office weekends sat is brad ash go play pool i o tidy house and  guinea ,pigs.thwn.go shopping with ash brad normally.brad has friend.yo stop  sunday brad has trampoling  then he hoed to nanny i comw3 home. Have coffee and.do more couse work

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 08:18:18 PM »
Well done with the walking something I lack motivation for as my poor old dog can't manage much now.Although when i hve the grandkids motivation is high to give them the benefit of the great outdoors of course not to wear them out att all for my benefit. Lisa I,m surprised you don't meet yourself coming backwards.
My days are spent at work which is very boring,weekends either housework or gardening depending on the weather,but housework is second in preference.evenings TV,writing , or coursework.holidays in either wales or south Africa usually doing something conservation or permaculture related mixed with leisure.I would like there to be more holidays,but I guess less work would mean less money for airfares.

Offline Jude M

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 11:09:52 PM »
If I didn't have Pip, whether I would do all this walking, no fun going on your own I know that.
Today went to the local outdoor gym , spent about 25 minutes there on the equipment, then finished off with a jog around 2 football pitches. Poor Pip he kept up with me, such a faithful dog .

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 12:10:19 AM »
Very positive actions Jude and doing your health the world of good as well I'm sure.

Well done you, I'm definitely getting my push bike out for a clean this year and might even ride it one day.  :whistle:
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 07:35:35 PM »
That's something I might pay good money to witness,and I don't mean the cleaning up part. :grin:

Offline Jude M

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 07:54:00 PM »
Very positive actions Jude and doing your health the world of good as well I'm sure.

Well done you, I'm definitely getting my push bike out for a clean this year and might even ride it one day.  :whistle:

I have heard before you get any benefit from riding a bike, the first 45 minutes don't count after that its ok.

Offline Jude M

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 08:06:15 PM »

I prefer to be out of the house than in it, so for now I am happy with the exercising

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 09:15:42 PM »

I have heard before you get any benefit from riding a bike, the first 45 minutes don't count after that its ok.

Well in that case 46 minutes is my goal then,,I'll ride every day achieve this goal and will let you know in 47 days how I got on  :wchair:

Offline Jude M

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 07:58:41 PM »

Is that with or without the stabilizers   :evil:

Well in that case 46 minutes is my goal then,,I'll ride every day achieve this goal and will let you know in 47 days how I got on  :wchair:

Offline Away with the fairies

• New Members
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 12:22:17 PM »
On good days I keep myself busy with housework, shopping and walking.
On bad days, I hide in my little bubble under my duvet.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 10:13:18 PM »
I'm living proof of the old saying about use it or lose it!! I've sat in my chair for 9 months and now I can't walk more than a few yards before I lose my breath.

Talk about waiting for god!
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline woods

• New Members
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2016, 06:20:18 PM »
I got rid of all my furniture, cooker, fridge, washer, towels, sheets, plates, cups, spoons, pans, dishes, all the food in the cupboards, everything - all gone!