Author Topic: A few happy hours  (Read 2444 times)

Offline twenties girl

• New Members
A few happy hours
« on: February 19, 2017, 04:18:12 PM »
I know we all share our grief on here and I've still got that black cloud over me, but I wanted to share that I had a few happy hours yest. I went to a book signing and got to meet my favourite author.  I've been a massive fan of hers for years and i acted like a complete groupie and was so happy to meet her. I was a grown woman acting like a teenager.... It reminded me of going to Tower Records when I was a teenager, although an author doesn't have screaming fans....
I haven't had many of those happy moments just for me, since my Mum died.
People might just say, it was only a book signing, but when you are grieving, its nice to have those moments.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: A few happy hours
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 05:06:08 PM »
These moments are really important, we need to make the most of them and plan them where we can :-)  :hearts:  even if we dont feel like it at the start, often it will help, even if only a short while
And over time these moments will increase xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
Re: A few happy hours
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 05:11:21 PM »
There are happy moments, and normal ones. Probably more than we notice. Unfortunately a short bout of darkness can completely overshadow an otherwise bearable day.

Well done on getting out there and finding your happy moment. How easy would it have been to not feel up to it?