Author Topic: Losing my mind  (Read 2468 times)

Offline Gadget

Losing my mind
« on: February 19, 2017, 10:29:15 AM »
Hi everyone, firstly I am so grateful to have found this group. My mum died in March last year and recently I have felt like I am losing my mind. It's all consuming, it's all I can think of. To top it all off my Dad started a "new" relationship just 3 months after, this has come close finishing me off tbh. We had a blazing row last night and I don't want to talk to him at all atm. Mum and Dad briefly got divorced some years ago, happily they got back together and married again. This is the same woman who he was with back then.

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
Re: Losing my mind
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 12:36:36 PM »
So sorry for your loss.  I can only imagine how your feeling towards your Dad at the moment.  Sending hugs.  Xxx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 08:15:12 PM »
 :hug: its really not that long,and its often the case that as life gains some normality again suddenly you find yourself back at the beginning.Also you have anniversary coming up.
This stuff with your dad is not helping ,but you cannot tell him how to grieve just because he is back with this woman doesn't mean he isn't grieving but everyone is different and he has to deal with things in his own way.Your memory's of your mum are your own no one can take them away or tell you how to grieve.Mums are such a major person in our lives and even though its a long time since I lost mine,I still miss her. Rare I get upset now but she will always be part of me and part of my life.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 05:14:40 PM »
So sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my wife in March last year and know that the anticipation of the anniversary is something that can set us back.

Wishing you strength  :hug: