Author Topic: Loss of my dad  (Read 3253 times)

Offline Jane2

Loss of my dad
« on: January 20, 2017, 10:33:32 PM »
 :candle:
 :cry:
My dad died on 13 January 2015 a year ago and it was his anniversary last week, I bought some flowers to remember Dad.  He died in hospital of heart failure last year (diagnosed in December 2013) and it was at about 9.30 in the morning, he was aged 89. I had also been with Dad the evening before when he was unconscious and breathing from an oxygen mask in a side room off the hospital ward, my brother was also with us.  I asked to see a chaplain for spiritual support but there was no chaplain available in the evening. I came to the hospital again in the morning just after he died and then spent time with Dad at his bedside.  He was lying very still. I cried quite a bit and spoke to Dad, then I prayed over my dad, I said The Lord's Prayer, the Our Father.  I go to church.  I spent my first Christmas (2016) without Dad. I was missing Dad on Christmas Day and I was coping very well until I heard on the News that George Michael had died - it was such a shock and too much to hear that a well known singer like George M had died. Also Dad's birthday was on Boxing Day and George's death made it more difficult, I still wrote Dad a birthday card to remember him on his birthday. I don' t know why but George's death has also had an effect on me. George was 53 the same age as me and I followed his music since he was in his band Wham! and when he was a solo singer. I cried when I heard Wham!'s Last Christmas and George singing in his soulful voice, this record and George's other poignant songs touch my heart.  Mum died a few years ago. I wrote a Christmas card to Mum and Dad remembering them at Christmas. I feel so sad losing members of my family and even when a celebrity dies.  I just want to tell my deceased family members that I love them.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 10:39:17 PM by Jane2 »

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Loss of my dad
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 11:20:18 PM »
Sending you a welcome  :hug: Jane. 
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 12:07:57 AM »
 :hug:Welcome to the forum Jane.

I am sure we all wish we could tell our deceased family members how much we love them.

:hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 09:04:41 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 08:42:12 PM »
Welcome.
I think when a celebrity dies or anyone we hear about when we are already grieving it makes us think more about our own grief and also empathy for their family and friends,having to cope with personal grief plus all the publicity. It also is sometimes especially with musicians  they were the background track too our lives and having already had the ground shifted under us,it just exgarerates it even more.2016 was a bad year for that. For me it was Wogan as a dj part of my childhood right through my adult life,and Bowie.