Author Topic: Hello, I'm new  (Read 4781 times)

Offline Angleseywidow

• New Members
Hello, I'm new
« on: January 18, 2017, 04:06:26 PM »
Hello, this is the first time that I have ever joined a 'chat group' so I'm very new to this. I lost my beloved husband 30 weeks ago, in June last year. I really don't know how to cope without him and seem to lumber around from day to day literally just getting by.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello, I'm new
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 04:11:29 PM »
Welcome to BUK please take a look around im sure you will find your way around the site, and hopefully get the support to help you through your loss. Xx

Sending you a welcome

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Angleseywidow

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 04:21:28 PM »
Thank you Norma

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 04:43:08 PM »
Hello and welcome- I lost my hubby in May last year so we are round about the same stage. Your use of the word 'lumbering' really describes it. I too am just getting by day to day but I try to congratulate myself each time I do something even if it's a tiny tiny thing. Like today I had to make some phone calls I was dreading but I did it and felt a little lighter that it's done. I hope that we can support and reassure you through this X

Offline Angleseywidow

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 04:54:25 PM »
Thank you for the reply. I gear myself up to do things but then at the last minute find that I can't go through with it. I miss my husband so much and want to talk about him but after this amount of time 'people' seem to try and change the subject, which in turn makes me want to shout at them. We did everything together and the loneliness is just so awful, I'm sure you must feel the same. I have joined a bereavement group but they only meet once a month and I don't quite feel that I 'fit' there.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 06:05:41 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:  if you need any help with using the site, just pop on a post and there'll be someone here who can help (its not an instant response, but never long)

Xx

Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 06:26:22 PM »
Oh don't get me wrong - I go to bed sometimes with the greatest of intentions but then when tomorrow comes I just can't gear myself up to do anything because I think 'what's the point'? This place is good because we can talk about our people as much as we want and everyone just understands. The loneliness is indescribable isn't it? I think it is one of the hardest things for most of us about all this.

Offline Angleseywidow

• New Members
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 09:15:15 PM »
Thanks again Julie you seem to understand where I'm coming from. I won't be on here for a couple of days but will be back, hopefully we can 'chat' some more.

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 09:33:56 AM »
For sure  :hug:

Offline Didi63

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 11:28:00 AM »
 :hug: Angleseywidow

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 09:32:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum Angleseywidow. I'm sorry to hear if your loss.  :hug:

I lost my wife in March last year and I can relate to the way you describe just getting by. I don't seem to have any purpose anymore. I just do what has to be done to get through the day. I know I should be planning ahead and taking up hobbies to fill the void but, at this point, I just cannot be bothered.

Offline Angleseywidow

• New Members
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 05:30:36 PM »
Thank you 'Hubby', it would appear that both you and Julie understand me. Some days I just don't see the point in getting out of bed, in fact if it wasn't for my dog and cats then I probably wouldn't!! I know deep down that my husband wouldn't want me to be so miserable and he would like to think I was getting on with my life, which I suppose I am in a way but with no interest in anything. I did however manage to get myself to Warrington yesterday to see one of our Grandchildren in a school show. I thoroughly enjoyed the show and it was lovely to see the family for 24 hours but I needed to be back in my own four walls.