Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Didi63

Introducing myself
« on: January 17, 2017, 04:04:57 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm Didi and lost my dad only yesterday evening.
Feeling numb at moment. It wasn't out the blue, dad was in later stages of dementia and didn't  know me or brother for years.
Whilst we knew he was 'end of life,' we were thankful that we were there for his end.
Yesterday morning I went for a medical and passed it, to get my provisional licence to train as a coach/bus driver. Didn't feel like going as still getting over the flu like illness, dad and other things going wrong this year!
Glad I did go as its a dream of mine, to become a professional driver and provide excellent customer service.
Had to take myself out today, treated myself to lunch at a local garden centre.
I have friends, however, like to be with my animals. Have both my lads live with me, they are independent.
Though I feel so very lonely.  I know I'm grieving and it takes time, I managed better when mum died, also my first grandson of cot death.
But this time it's different, don't know if it's because of the illness and feeling run down?
Tomorrow I'm having a tooth out, which the appointment has been cancelled a couple of times through illness.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 08:12:08 PM »
Hi Didi. Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear of your very recent loss.

Many on here have felt the numbness you describe in the early days following a loss. It's like our brain can't fully take in what has happened and everything seems surreal. In a way the numbness also helps us cope better with all the formalities that have to be dealt with. I'm sure you know from your previous bereavements that the numbness wears off and the grieving takes over.

Wishing you strength

:hug:

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 08:59:03 PM »
Hi Didi and welcome.  So sorry for your loss.  You must be all over the place at the moment, which is totally understandable.  Glad you treated yourself with lunch.  It's good to do something nice.  Hope all goes well with your driving dream :).   :hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 09:28:30 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Didi63

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 11:23:34 PM »
Thank you Hubby, pennyking and Emz2014 for all your kind words and warm welcomes.