Author Topic: am i going mad  (Read 2625 times)

Offline walofb1

• New Members
am i going mad
« on: December 29, 2016, 10:43:18 AM »
Hi

I went to bed for the first time since it happened.  At one stage it felt like he was cuddling me like he used too when I was cold.  Couldn't fall asleep for a while.  When I did had really horrible dreams. I was with Chris but he was different.  He said I as good as killed him and it was all my fault, I could have saved him. He told me how much he hated me.  There were loads of different scenes something different bad happened in every one.  Then he went away again.

When I woke up I couldn't stop reliving the dream and feel so scared and shaky. It was so weird.  Has anything like this happened to any to you or am I really going mad.

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
Re: am i going mad
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 03:57:52 PM »
No- you're not going mad. I am having many strange dreams all of a sudden, some nice, some not so nice. I personally think it is the brains way of sorting and storing everything that's happened and getting it all in the right place.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
Re: am i going mad
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 10:06:39 PM »
Though it sometimes seems like we are going mad. It's just grieving.

I think the vast majority, if not all, the people on here will have experienced he feelings of guilt following a loss, the 'what if" questions and "if only" scenarios our mind throws about while it tries to make sense of the situation. Rest assured you are quite normal.

:hug: