Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2313 times)

Offline walofb1

• New Members
Hello
« on: December 27, 2016, 09:11:33 AM »
Hello.  I lost my husband on 5 dec.  We'd been together 18 years and it was always just us. I went to bed that night and cuddled up to him to find out he'd passed away.  He was only 58.  I'm really falling apart right now. I have nobody to speak to. Christmas was terrible. I miss him so much and wish I could join him.

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 12:00:12 PM »
Oh my goodness, that is so sad. I think Christmas has been hard for most us in this situation. (Lost my hubby Alan in May this year). It is so new for you, you are bound to feel as if you're falling apart. We are all here for you to help you through this in any way we can, we all just understand every phase. :hearts:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 02:11:04 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
Christmas is hard and it is so soon after your loss.  Everyone here understands loss, talking with us may help. Take it slowly, little steps through this tough journey xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline walofb1

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 06:54:48 PM »
thankyou

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 11:57:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum walofb1. I am so sorry to hear of your recent loss.

Please do not feel you have nobody to talk to. During the early months I felt the same but I started to phone the Samaritans and found they were of great help. There was something comforting in being able to tell someone neutral about how I was feeling and being able to release some of the emotions. I still contact them now occasionally when I have bad days.

It may not seem like it now but it does slowly get easier as we learn to cope.

Wishing you strength

:hug: