Author Topic: Hi there  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Rach77

Hi there
« on: December 22, 2016, 11:56:23 AM »
Hi all
I'm not sure why I've come here really. My dad died 2 years ago and I thought I was coping okay. He was my best friend and growing up I spent a lot of my time with him, going to football matches every Saturday together.
He had Parkinsons Disease but it didn't stop him enjoying life even when he had to start using a wheelchair to get around. 
Then after overcoming bowel cancer years ago, he was diagnosed with liver cancer and given 3 months to live.you world just came crashing down. I had recently got engaged and we brought our wedding forward so he could be there.
Anyway he defied all the odds and lived for almost 2 years. During that time we went on family holidays and spent as much time with him as possible.
I was with him when he died and it did feel like a part of me went with him.
But I have coped, or so I thought. Then last week it should have been his 70th birthday. Between that and Christmas I have been a mess. I've tried to carry on but after a row with my husband this morning I have totally lost it.  I can't stop crying and all I can think about is my dad. He loved Christmas and made it so much fun.
Now I'm sat alone crying and looking at old photographs of him.
I know there is nothing anyone can do or say but I just thought writing down how I feel might help.  Thank you to anyone who had bothered to read my ramblings.
Rach xx

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
Re: Hi there
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 01:41:49 PM »
Hello Rach- so sorry you are so low at the moment. This time of year really doesn't help at all when we've lost someone does it? I think having somewhere like this where we can write down our true thoughts is vital. I often feel better after saying something that has been in my head and knowing that everybody understands on here. I hope you and your hubby can make it up- do you think he doesn't understand?

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hi there
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 04:43:59 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx