Author Topic: introducing myself  (Read 2814 times)

Offline Ruperty124

introducing myself
« on: December 21, 2016, 12:04:53 PM »
hello i am a 43 year old woman, i lost my grandmother on boxing day 2014, she was like a mother to me as she brought me up, the last 2 years have gone by in a blur for me, and i am still overwhelmed by grief and guilt that i should have done more for her, i loved her so much, i was happy to find this site to connect with other people who are also suffering. Life is easier than 2015 which was absolute hell and even waking up in the morning was intolerable. She meant the world to me, and I am still lost in life. Facing another xmas without her will be so hard.

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
Re: introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 02:06:13 PM »
Hello and a warm welcome- guilt haunts us all I think- if only, what if, etc. but life will always be like that, if you can concentrate on what you DID do for her, don't beat yourself up, we all have regrets and wishes which we can only understand when we lose that certain someone. I'm sure to love her was enough. I hope this site helps you as much as it has helped me  :hug:

Offline Ruperty124

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 05:48:06 PM »
thank you very much that is so kind of you, i am very sorry about your own loss and i send my warmest thoughts to you and strength over xmas which i know will be hard for us both, and of course the others here who are missing their loved one

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 07:44:47 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
Talking helps us through our grief journey, hope talking with us here helps you too. Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 08:02:46 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear of you losing your grandmother. You were obviously very close to her. The festive season is hard for all of us who are grieving but the anniversary of her death must make Christmas doubly difficult for you.

Wishing you strength.

:hug: