Author Topic: Hiya  (Read 2412 times)

Offline bythec

• New Members
Hiya
« on: December 13, 2016, 05:36:31 PM »
Hi,

I lost my dad 6 weeks ago suddenly of a heart attack.

I think I'm at that phase where to everyone else I appear to be adjusting, so the phonecalls and the invites have dropped off.

The reality is that I am still overcome by grief and sadness and tears, and I just feel like withdrawing from everything and everyone. It's just so hard to face, nothing can prepare you for this. Found this site perhaps looking for some support and to share with others also learning to live/cope with loss/'find a new normal'.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hiya
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 06:38:05 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
I'm afraid that is quite a common phase - people get absorbed back into their lives or they haven't lost anyone before so assume that everything must be ok now - but it is often also the time the numb feeling and shock wears off and the rush of having to do lots of organising and sorting has mostly passed and we could do with the support more than ever
You will find it is a lovely friendly bunch here, who understand the rollercoaster journey of grief xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 08:01:22 PM »
Hello  :hearts: yes Em is right, people do tend to back off in time. This site has been a godsend for me since losing my hubby.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 11:05:23 PM »
Hi by then. Welcome to the forum

I see you have perfected your 'I'm fine' mask. I often wonder why we feel he need to hide our grief away so quickly but I suppose it is just part of our nature. The members here all know that we need support for a long time and I am sure you will find it a help to let your feelings out.

Wishing you strength

:hug:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 11:43:02 PM by Hubby »

Offline Rach77

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 12:10:32 PM »
Hi,
I had exactly the same experience as you.  At first there were endless calls and messages, then it all dropped off. People seem to think that you return to normal after a certain time period.
I'm always available for a chat. I lost my dad too so I understand how it feels xx