Author Topic: Life just feels so strange  (Read 2490 times)

Offline hb1105

Life just feels so strange
« on: December 05, 2016, 08:07:36 PM »
My mum passed away two days ago. I am really struggling with just getting on with things. On the one hand, everything just seems normal - obviously life just goes on and I get that, but it just doesn't feel right doing normal things, when everything is now so different. I feel so strange just doing things like having a cup of tea, or watching TV, or anything really, when mum isn't here anymore. It's hard to explain, and I know she wouldn't expect life to just stop, and would want us to move on, but it just feels so weird.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Life just feels so strange
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 10:01:27 PM »
It is a strange feeling, it feels like things should stop or pause a while, but the world keeps on at the same pace.  In time it gets easier, just take it steadily/slowly    :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
Re: Life just feels so strange
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 10:02:14 PM »
One of the common experiences discussed on here is the numbness in the early days following a loss. It's as if our brains haven't taken in what has happened. We sort of float around on autopilot detached from everything we are doing. In a way it's a good thing because it allows us to get on with the necessary arrangements.

Somebody said to me, in the days following Margarets death, that it would hit me after the funeral when the phone stopped ringing and people stopped coming round. They were right.