Author Topic: Being a Widow  (Read 3262 times)

Offline Carole

Being a Widow
« on: November 27, 2016, 03:44:08 PM »
My hubby of 43 years died on 13th October 2016 and although I have lost my Mother and dogs, somehow losing Ronald is all so very different.     So I thought I might see if joining a forum might help with some of the complex emotions running around inside me at the moment!
Carole

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Being a Widow
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 03:55:30 PM »
Sending you a welcome   :hug: Carole i hope you can find some comfort amongst us  xx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 04:10:43 PM »
Welcome. :hug:I found this forum after losing my hubby.We might nor have all the answers no one does,but I found that this was a really good place to be.One thing I did find was that no matter how mad I thought I was going,some one here had experienced the same or similar emotions at some point on this horrid journey and knowing you're never really alone in that helps a great deal.There is a chat room where people go mainly in the evenings,which can help get through those lonely nights,and every so often some one organises a meet up in their local areas,perhaps just for coffee and a chat or annually a weekend.I was scared to go at first but I,m glad I did now as they are good.You are among friends here.

Offline Shelbymustang

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 04:20:07 PM »
I'm a newbie too Carole, hope we can help each other, I lost my hubby too, on 24th October. It's sooooo hard x

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 04:55:49 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 09:51:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum Carole. So sorry to hear of your loss.

Losing our partners is different.  They  are involved in every part of our life sometimes in ways we may not have even realised. After eight months I am still finding things my wife did that I had hadn't even noticed.

It's a hard thing to cope with and sometimes the emotions take over completely but it does slowly get easier to get through the days.

Wishing you strength

:hug:

Offline Carole

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 06:56:19 AM »
Thank you everyone for your kind words.   I know Ronald is now free from pain and suffering and one day I will be too.   I have been extremely fortunate in having him as my partner and at the moment I don't see how a life on my will ever be enjoyable.    And so a new week and something in the diary each day to do - so keeping busy helps.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 11:00:02 PM »
Very true Carole. It's extremely easy to be negative and stop going out or doing things.

Focussing on how lucky we have been to have these wonderful people in our lives and keeping ourselves occupied makes it so much easier to get through the days and each day we get through is a day is another step on our journey.