Author Topic: Counselling  (Read 2432 times)

Offline Beth

Counselling
« on: November 10, 2016, 06:29:47 PM »
Had my 1st counselling session today it was horrid I cried most of the way through it. But I expected that and know ill feel worse before better but think it will help in long run. Just drained now.
Decided I need to go to GP for anti depressants 2 as not just dealing with grief trying to deal with having to sell my house his car etc. ... All too much

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
Re: Counselling
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 07:10:47 PM »
At least you are being active  in helping yourself so good on you. Take all the help you can X :hearts:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
Re: Counselling
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 12:36:40 AM »
Counselling is often upsetting but I think it does help to get things out rather than going over and over them in your head. I've had quite a few sessions now and I can see a difference In the way I look at things sometimes. There are things, thoughts I used to have, that I have started to put behind me that were holding up the grieving process but doing that just moves me on to the next stage of the journey.

Be careful when doing the practical stuff. You will be very vulnerable and it's easy to make a bad decision just to avoid the hassle of everything. One of my neighbours lost her husband and she actually paid a scrap merchant to take it away just to get it out of her sight. It was worth a few thousand pounds so the scrap merchant must have thought all his birthdays had come at once.

Take care