Author Topic: New Member  (Read 2776 times)

Offline HoundDog

« on: November 09, 2016, 03:52:41 PM »
Hi, I lost my wonderful husband of 34 years at the beginning of October.  He was only 57 and died from cancer.  He became paralysed 18 months ago ( hospital error).  I was his carer and he was just the bravest person I know.  He died unexpectedly from a stroke, not actually from the cancer itself. He was my soulmate and I am struggling without him. 

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 06:30:40 PM »
Sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved husband,  it won't be easy for quite a while,  it's still very raw for you,   I remember what It was like in the immediate weeks when I lost my wife after almost 49yrs marriage very suddenly indeed in April to undiagnosed lung cancer,  they discovered it a couple days before she passed away.

Grieving for a loved one especially when it's your soulmate is something that stays with us for a very long time indeed, (possibly the rest of our lives) it's just over 7mths for me, and I still have periods of crying and depression, and you likely will too,  it's completely normal to let it out.
However I can assure you that everyone on here understands,  I still get a some comfort from my friends on here, months after I joined and I hope you will too, as it did help me enormously in those early days, and still does.
I don't think the grieving goes away,  but with the passing of time,  we accept,  adapt and slowly it becomes more manageable,  and I'm not saying it's not hard, because it is.  It feels like your whole world, your life has come to an end  but we have to try, and initially that will mean a day at a time,  something I'm often still doing.  You take care.

Wishing you strength...  :hug:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 07:58:35 PM by Brian71 »

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 06:43:58 PM »
Thats a wonderful reply Brian   :hearts:
Sending a welcome hug :hug:   Grief is not a quick journey, we slowly make our way forward, it can be a rollercoaster but you are not alone here.   Sometimes you have to just take each day at a time and on a particularly bad day even just an hour at a time.  Slowly in time you will find the easier days gradually grow between the bad ones xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 07:15:24 PM »
What Em and Brian have said is true though you won't feel it could be possible right now. This group has helped me to realize that the things I've felt at different stages are 'normal' and that I'm not going mad. (6 months for me). Talk to us on here and hopefully we can help  :hearts:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 11:55:53 PM »
I am so sorry to hear of your loss hound dog.

It is very early days for you and things will be a struggle but you will find that there will be the odd time when things don't seem to bad. It may be just a couple of hours at first then perhaps a day moving on to a few days. There will be plenty of setbacks along the way but the struggle will ease.

I wish you strength

:hug:

Offline dizzylizzy

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 02:31:54 PM »
I'm sorry for your loss. Your husband sounds like a wonderfully brave man and you have been through so much together. It may feel like you now have to continue that journey alone and I hope you find comfort and strength here. I am new to the boards and am grieving my mum. Loss leaves us feeling lost but as the others who have been on a journey also point out,  it's very early day  xx