Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Soph

• New Members
Introducing myself
« on: October 27, 2016, 12:32:00 AM »
Hi all, my name is Sophie, I'm 23.
I joined because my dad died in January 2016, 7 awful weeks after we got the diagnosis of terminal cancer. I know that's some time ago now but my mum is a member of a different (more specific) forum and I see that it helps her in small ways as she has people to talk to who understand how she feels so I thought I would give it a try. And it is now coming up to a time of year that will bring difficult memories (he was first admitted to hospital with merely a suspected chest infection on November 28th 2015) so I thought having somewhere to talk might be helpful to deal with that.

xx

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 07:47:44 AM »
Welcome Soph youve joined a very caring support forum hun, sending you a hug xxx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 11:35:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum Sophie.

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 12:23:43 AM »
Welcome Sophie,  losing your dad can be very painful indeed,  though it's been a few years ago now when I lost my own dad I was devastated.   My wife Ann and I took my parents on holiday twice a year for 40yrs+ as we were very close.  He was a pianist, and I still get upset, especially when I listen to recordings of him playing.  One of his recordings was used at my wife's funeral in April.

I hope coming on here Sophie gives you a little comfort, it certainly has for me.

Best wishes......  Brian :hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 08:04:05 PM »
Sending a welcome hug Sophie  :hug:  I lost my dad in 2013, shortly after a cancer diagnosis.  He had only just passed his 59th birthday.  It's a tough journey that is a bit of a rollercoaster and takes time. Theres no time limit on grief 
Hope we can help support you here, it's a lovely friendly forum.  people understand the journey so don't feel afraid to share how you feel. We have some general chat threads too, which is nice to get to know each other xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Suey

• New Members
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 08:08:26 PM »
Hi Sophie, this forum really helps, just knowing that there is somewhere that you can come and say whatever you're feeling and know that someone else will 'get it'.
You go through so many different emotions and feelings following the death of someone you love, I lost my Mum and Dad when I was 28, a little older than you but its still too young, and its so hard.
Each reminder, whether its the time of year, or a song, an object, his favourite programme on the TV will either bring a tear, or a smile, and quite often both. And it hurts because you miss your Dad.
I'm here because my husband died 3 weeks ago and although you think you're used to the who grief thing, its different every time.
So come on here and tell us how you feel, and know that you are never, never alone xxx