Author Topic: my mum  (Read 2364 times)

Offline twenties girl

• New Members
my mum
« on: October 16, 2016, 10:00:04 PM »
My mum passed away suddenly in July from a heart attack and im just totally devastated. There was no chance to say goodbye.  I still cant believe shes gone and I miss her so much. As time goes on, Im finding the evenings really hard as I always used to speak to her most nights and I just feel as each day passes she is further and further away from me. Some days are a real struggle, but my kids get me through. Im a single mum and I feel so lonely as I have no one to share my feelings with. She would pick my kids up from school when I was working and its still hard her not being there when I get home from work. I feel I have a massive void in my life, especially as she was my rock. I would do anything just to spend just 5 more minutes with her. She always said she wanted to go quickly without a fuss and she got her wish, but its the devastation left behind. We are now having to sort out her things and its just so upsetting, knowing it wont ever be the same without her here.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
Re: my mum
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 11:29:16 PM »
Hi twenties girl. Welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother who you were obviously very close to. The suddenness of her death will leave those concerns about things unsaid and not saying goodbye. I think every one of us would like that five minute talk with our loved ones but what then? Even if we could have it we would probably want another five minutes.

You can still share your feelings with your mum, I know I share mine with my wife. For those times you need to hear a voice you could try the Samaritans or a bereavement helpline like CRUSE.

Wishing you strength

:hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 07:29:55 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 05:48:54 PM »
Hi and welcome.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Sending hugs.
My heart goes out to you.  Grieving is hard enough but being a single mum as well you must be in bits.  I was left looking after my twin boys who at the time were 9.  This site certainly has helped get me through. Knowing I'm not alone in how I feel. And somewhere to come and write down how I was feeling.  Please keep talking to us.  Take care. Penny x