Author Topic: Hello.  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Kjsmummy

Hello.
« on: October 12, 2016, 12:33:59 PM »
Hi all, I'm Hayley. I lost my partner of 6 years on the 13th September, the past four weeks have been the hardest I've ever endured but I've had to keep it together for the blessing he left me, our beautiful 4 year old daughter. I've never experienced the death of someone so close and at the minute the emotional rollercoaster I'm on and pain in feeling is just unbearable. I've been trying to concentrate on my little girl who is so unsettled by the whole thing. She seemed to be coping so well the first few weeks but past few days she seems so sad and preoccupied, and is coming out with questions that I didn't even realise a 4 year old could come up with. I think maybe she is starting to realise daddy's not coming back. We've planted a rose bush in the garden in his memory and have started to make a memory box too. To be honest I don't know what to say to her sometimes when she speaks of her dad, do we continue the conversation at the risk she becomes really upset (as she has been doing) or divert her attention to something else????Her school is arranging counselling sessions for her but could be up to 8 weeks until she can b seen.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 01:34:07 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:  sorry for your loss. Little ones take in more than we realise. I think my little nephew is struggling a bit at mo. Theres a book called waterbugs and dragonflies, I think,  which explains it to little ones. I'm going to try it with my nephew see if it helps, as he's asking lots of questions now xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
Re: Hello.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 07:16:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum Hayley. So sorry to hear of your loss.

I can't really offer any advice on explaining things to your daughter but I remember his hard the early days are. Try not to forget that you also need to grieve. Perhaps you have a friend or relative who could look after your daughter for a couple of hours every now and then to allow you a little space to lose the mask and let your emotions out.

Wishing you strength

:hug: