Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Cc90

Hello
« on: October 07, 2016, 08:43:28 PM »
Hi,

I lost a friend/colleague this summer and have been struggling to come to terms with how people deal with loosing someone. I have been very fortunate so far in my life in that I have not lost anyone prematurely, my only other experience of loosing someone close to me has been the loss of my great grandfather but this seemed to make sense to me, he was in his late 80's and had had a full life and already had a heart operation years before his death. But the death of my colleague was a complete shock, maybe because of a naivety on my part that because he had been taken to hospital he was going to get better.

He was a really nice man, he always had time for people and did most of my training and generally looked after me at work, he was like a work dad to me. I don't think he had eaten a green fruit pastel in the whole 2 and a half years we knew each other, when I started I told him I loved fruit pastels but only the green ones so I never bought a packet, every time he had a pack even if I had gone out for lunch I'd get back and he would have left me the two from the pack. I just don't understand how he can be there one day and then gone he went to the doctors because he was short of breath, he didn't realise he was having a heart attack but then he survived it only to pass away shortly after in hospital

I just really miss him

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 12:58:52 AM »
Hi Cc90. Welcome to the forum.

Death doesn't make sense. It can happen at any moment to any one of us. Sometimes we do expect it but even then it can still be a shock.

I think it is s fitting tribute to your workmate that you felt so strongly about him to feel it necessary to post your feelings in the forum. Sometimes people don't realise that, apart from our close family, we spend best part of our time with our workmates and losing one of them is a serious loss.

You will find it easier to cope with your loss eventually but it will take time.

Wishing you strength

:hug:

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 01:35:08 AM »
Hello Cc90, it's very important not to get morbid about things but there's only one thing that we can all say we are going to do with absolute certainty. I guess you've still got your life ahead of you and if your friend felt the same about you as I did about my younger colleagues (the ones I like anyway) it would be that you should get as much out of your life as possible and as I did. After the initial sadness, remember the good bits  :smiley:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 06:16:10 PM »
Hi Cc90 and welcome.  When you see someone everyday it's so hard.  Sending hugs.  Penny x