Author Topic: Feeling sad  (Read 3646 times)

Offline BT

Feeling sad
« on: October 03, 2016, 12:38:04 PM »
Hi, I got a phone call on Saturday morning from my dad to inform me that my mums details had being put on the headstone at the cemetery.  The weekend has been mixed up emotionally for me.  I started the week off making chutney and decorating due to having been off work.  Then di shed it off feeling down and maybe the engraving means it's official she's never coming back.  Left me with feelings of desperation.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Feeling sad
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 12:41:46 PM »
I understand that feeling,but its a bitter sweet pill because  it also means she will never be forgotten. :hug:

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 01:21:54 PM »
Yes Karena is right, but it will be a special place for you to go visit and talk to your Mum when your feelings have settled down  :hearts:

Offline BT

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 02:04:01 PM »
Thanks Karen a and Julie   :hug:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 10:37:48 PM »
Hi BT.

I got a very upset when I first saw the stone with the inscription. It's a bit if a jolt to see your loved ones death literally 'written in stone.

However now that the grass is growing and it looks a bit more blended in its a lot less stark than it was at first and a much nicer place to sit and remember.

I'm sure you will feel the same given time.

:hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 07:38:04 AM »
I remember the mixed feelings when I had my dad's plaque done. Yesterday I was not working so after seeing my sister I popped to my dad's plaque for a bit. Theres a seat right next to him and there was a beam of sunshine shining right on to him, I even managed to get it on a pic.  I always feel peaceful sat there. At the beginning I would often travel over to spend time sitting there, somehow when I felt everything was getting too much sitting there a while calmed me xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 09:18:34 PM »
It does seem final somehow.  Sending hugs, Penny x