Author Topic: First time poster  (Read 3153 times)

Offline Melodious

• New Members
First time poster
« on: October 02, 2016, 10:17:53 AM »
Hello all. I'm Dave from Liverpool. A month ago I ended a four month relationship with my girlfriend and unfortunately a few days later she took her own life. I'm hoping this forum can provide a little understanding in loss and organising the 'what ifs' and regrets.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: First time poster
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 11:18:35 AM »
Sending you a welcome hug Dave, xx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 02:09:08 PM »
Hello Dave- your story is very sad, I'm sure we will be able to give you some love and help and support. :hug:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 02:46:13 PM »
Hi Dave.

We all seem to have many unanswerable questions following a bereavement. I cannot imagine how much more complicated somebody taking their own life would make those 'what ifs'. The questions remain unanswered but in time  we do come to accept that we cannot change what has happened.

Offline Tony07

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 08:16:44 AM »
Hiya Dave, sorry to here your tragic news, you can't blame yourself, you will always have those what if's but in time they will become less, its tragic and very sad that she ended her life but it was her choice not yours. Thats is the big question isn't it Dave...Why I ask myself that a lot.
Keep posting and I wish you peace of mind.
amor vincit omnia

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 09:14:18 PM »
Welcome Dave.  So sorry for your loss.  I can't begin to understand what your going through.  Such tragic circumstances.  Please keep posting and talking about how you feel, and tell us a little about her as well if you want.  Take care x

Offline Melodious

• New Members
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 09:24:17 PM »
Thanks all. It's a difficult thing to process but I'm moving along. I'm going to a support group next week for people who have lost loved ones to suicide so hopefully that will help.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 10:57:09 PM »
I've found it does help to be with people in a similar situation. There is a bit of a stigma to bereavement and we tend to spend a lot of time hiding behind a mask and pretending we're fine. When you are around others who understand it's easier to relax and talk through your thoughts.