Author Topic: Forum and Chat downtime tonight 29thSept  (Read 3708 times)

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
Forum and Chat downtime tonight 29thSept
« on: September 29, 2016, 03:34:10 PM »
Hi all just to let you all know there will be some improvements at last to our forum and chat server speed. Here is a mail I got this morning so expect a bit of downtime between 10pm and midnight.  :coffeetoast:

I am writing to tell you about a forthcoming server upgrade which will be carried out between 10PM and midnight on Thursday 29th September.

We have taken onboard customer feedback regarding poor server performance and we have invested significantly into the infrastructure in order to address this. Every shared cPanel server is being replaced with a brand new Dell R630 with Dual 8x core CPUs, 128GB RAM and pure Samsung Enterprise SSD storage.

Over the past week we have been incrementally transferring data to the new hardware which runs from our own data centre in Slough. Tomorrow evening we will carry out the final changeover which will involve stopping services on the old hardware, completing one more incremental transfer of data, moving the IP addresses, and starting services again on the new hardware.

This migration will require no effort on your part. You will not need to change any DNS, any email settings or any website configuration. Aside from the short period of downtime there should be no further disruption and you should notice the improved performance immediately.
During the planned maintenance window, DNS will continue to function, as well as any VPS or dedicated services.

We apologise for the short notice. If you have any queries or concerns please raise a support ticket.

Kind Regards,

Adam Smith
CTO
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
Re: Forum and Chat downtime tonight 29thSept
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 11:57:50 PM »
If only I could have got on the site to read that post I could have saved poking a hole in my screen where the refresh icon used to be lol

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 09:36:44 AM »
Lol hubby, all up and running again xxx

:rofl:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 12:31:58 PM »
Well i might be dreaming or living in hope but it does seem faster going round the board, at the moment,, I just hope chat is the same because that was sometimes a nightmare being soooooo slooooow.     :coffeetoast:
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 08:47:07 PM »
not noticed any change in chat, but we will have to wait and see x