Author Topic: Struggling to Cope with loss of m wife  (Read 3682 times)

Offline Davec

Struggling to Cope with loss of m wife
« on: September 26, 2016, 11:36:11 PM »
Hi, new to this site.
I lost my wife on 28th August 2016 to Esophagael Cancer, we were initially given 2 years but sadly only made 11 months and after being married 33 years I'm struggling to come to terms with my loss and how I'm going to cope on my own. Losing my wife at an early age of just 52 years old seems so unfair and all the plans we had together for the future have been taken from us. My life, my world and my rock has been taken from me.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Struggling to Cope with loss of m wife
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 11:41:53 PM »
So sorry to hear of your loss, its really early days for you, Sending you a welcome hug xx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 01:26:00 AM »
Hello and welcome Dave. You've got a painful path ahead along which we're all making our way. It's rocky one full of potholes but this is a good place to come and talk when you feel the need, we all understand the huge swings of emotion that you'll experience. A place to laugh, cry and reminisce  :smiley:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 07:34:03 AM »
I lost my dad to cancer of the esophagus at 59 :-( it's cruel.  Sending you a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 09:31:20 AM »
Hello Dave- I lost my hubby in May - so glad you have found us, it has helped me so much.

Offline colin

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 02:17:48 PM »
Hi Dave,
          I lost the love of my life 9 April,nearly 6months have pastbye your pain is the pain we are all feeling,the forum will help you share your emotions and feelings with us all,this is a long dark road we are travelling with no end in sight at the moment,be assured you have got the support of some wonderful people on this site.Stay strong,best wishes. :hearts:
                                                                                                          Colin.

Offline alan2273

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 07:07:18 PM »
Hi Dave, I also lost my wife in August after 44 years of marriage, and to make things worse I have just come out of hospital after a four hour operation and I am in a lot of pain as well.
Just take life a day at time and do not turn down any help offered to you.
This forum is great for any support you need, as we have all, or are still going through   the loss of a loved one.
They say that things get better with time, but that has yet to surface in my case,  but we are only at the start of the grieving process, and everyone has there own way of dealing with this.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 09:47:37 PM »
Hi Davec. Welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. My wife passed away 6 months ago and it's a very difficult thing to take in. Sometimes it is still as hard now as it was in the early days but there are times when things are bearable, even nearly normal, and these times allow us to rest before the next downturn.

Don't worry about coping on your own. That's something that we pick up as we go along.

Wishing you strength.

Offline Tony07

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 05:51:10 PM »
Hiya Dave, I am so sorry for you loss, my Carolyn died  4 year next month and I still have not gotten over it, I still get angry and upset, I don't think it will ever go away  BUT I did come to terms with it even though its not what I wanted I had to or go mad. I find I have good days and bad days. I poured my heart out on the forum and found support from these lovely people so keep posting and let it all out. Next month will be 4 years since Carolyn died and now I am starting to wind up and can feel my grief coming to the top again so I will be glad when the next few weeks are over so I will access the forum and express my feelings and get the support I need to carry on. Grief is a very personal thing so we all deal with it differently, me I will share how I am on the forum. Might catch up with you on the chat on the night shift.
amor vincit omnia