Author Topic: Loss of my mum  (Read 3313 times)

Offline Michele

Loss of my mum
« on: September 26, 2016, 09:18:50 AM »
Hi my names Michele and i lost my mum 3 weeks ago and im just so lost and detached from everything and everyone..my mum had been ill for a while and has suffered so much over the years but throughout her suffering mum was always there for me and i miss her so much not being present in my life and im just not sure how im going to cope without her..my dad is heartbroken too so needs alot of support but its so hard and sometimes the days are very dark and im not sure what to do or how to think as I've never really had to deal with death..I've got a great family and great friends but still feel so alone... :cry:

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
Re: Loss of my mum
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 02:23:32 PM »
You will feel alone Michele- it's a very common feeling, in fact it's probably the way everyone feels after bereavement. 3 weeks is no time at all and you go through loads of emotions, but that's where this site helps because it helps to know that you're not alone, or going mad or all the other things we feel. It is so hard to support someone who is grieving also. Whatever you both feel is normal. Keep posting on here- we all understand X

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 04:27:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum Michelle. So sorry to hear of the loss of your mother.

Feeling detached is common in the early weeks. Our brains have not yet fully taken in what has happened and we seem to get by on autopilot. The numbness does go and things appear to get worse but over time we learn to cope better.

Wishing you strength

:hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 06:13:09 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
It takes time after losing a loved one.  Sometimes we need to take little steps and take each day at a time.  xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Michele

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 09:24:36 AM »
 тнanĸ yoυ ғor replyιng, people ĸeep тellιng мe тнιngѕ wιll geт вeттer вυт rιgнт now ι don'т вelιeve ιт..мυмѕ leғт мe ѕoмe мoney вυт ι canт even вegιn тo тell υ нow weιrd ι ғeel aвoυт ιт aѕ ιтѕ мυмѕ мoney and yeѕ ι ĸnow ѕнe woυld wanт мe тo enjoy ιт вυт ι jυѕт canт :(

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 10:40:37 AM »
Hugs Michele, its quite normal for you to feel like that about the money, but just Forget its there for a while, its not hurting anything and eventually  something will spring to your mind as to what your mum would want for you. Xx

Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 12:20:57 PM »
Hello Michele,  so sorry to hear of the loss of your Mum,  it is hard when we lose someone who has been there for us all our lives, and daughters do seem to grieve more.  My own daughter Jo lost her Mum in April, and she has spent ages crying, indeed we both often end up crying when we talk about her Mum.

I want you to be strong for your dad Michele,  he will need your support more than ever,  because inside he will be hurting terribly too, support each other, and slowly with small steps you will get through this.  Our favourite saying on here is to take it a day at a time.  You will find some days will be worse than others,  I still cry as does my daughter almost 6mths after our loss.   People here understand,  you are not alone...keep posting, it does help, it certainly helped me at a time when I even considered ending my life.

I doubt we fully recover from the grief we feel,  even months after, there are people here including me, who still have a good cry when we think about that person we so miss,  it's completely normal.  It won't be easy, but in time you will manage to think and talk about your Mum and remember the great times you had, as I do with my wife, and if those thoughts bring tears, that's fine...let it out, but with time, one day you will be able to think about them with much fondness and smile, and those bad days will happen less.

Wishing you strength Michele, and remember...A day at a time..... :hug:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:28:34 PM by Brian71 »

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 01:43:20 AM »
Welcome to the forum Michelle. I am so sorry to hear of the recent loss of your mother.

You have not had time for the full reality of your new situation to sink in yet.You will cope even though you cannot see how at present but it's very hard at first and takes a long time to adjust. You will feel all kinds of emotions but whatever you feel that is normal for you. It's your way of grieving.

I found that posting on here helped me make sense if the whirlwind if thoughts that were flying around in my head and the words of support and comfort in the replies from people who were on the same journey helped me realise that I wasn't going mad. I hope it does the same for you.

Wishing you strength