Author Topic: New to Forum too  (Read 3405 times)

Offline Ladyinred45

New to Forum too
« on: September 23, 2016, 11:57:44 PM »
My darling husband died suddenly and unexpectedly. On  28th May he suffered a massive heart attack beside me whilst watching TV.  Paramedics worked on him for over an hour and then transferred him to hospital. The following evening we had to turn off his life support. We were married just short of 52 years and I can't describe the total despair I feel. The shock and the grief are so totally overwhelming. I miss him SO much. I try to keep busy but find myself in floods of tears much of the time.. I have always been the 'strong' one in my family, supporting my parents when we lost my 16 year old brother in an accident. I sat all night with my father until he passed away. However, I feel totally out of control now and cannot see any light at the end of this tunnel.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: New to Forum too
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 09:02:22 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug:
It must have been such a shock to lose your husband that way, so suddenly. We have many members who understand the experience of losing their partner
Have to take little baby steps, one day at a time, even one hour at a time on a bad day  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 08:46:22 PM »
Welcome to the forum.I lost my husband too a stroke five years ago.I remember so very well that void that opens up and the desperation of early grief.Coming here helped me a lot so I hope it will be the same for you.sending you massive hugs. :hug:

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 09:08:22 PM »
Hi and welcome, So very sorry for your loss.  Still very early days for you.  Please keep posting and talking to us.  Take care Penny x

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 10:22:19 PM »
Welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear of your loss.

The despair is truly indescribeable. I don't think any words could prepare someone for what hey will face when hey lose a life partner. We can try but the reality is always much worse.

Wishing you strength.

:hug:

Offline Ladyinred45

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 11:04:23 PM »
Thank you so much for your kindness. I am really struggling, but it's wonderful to know that there are people also suffering the pain of their own losses, who are willing to comfort others.
My friends are lovely, but all either still have their partners, or are single by choice, and haven't had this devastating experience. Bless you all.   

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 08:34:54 AM »
Sending a welcome hug to you xx
I llost my partner suddenly after being together 51 years, so i can understand the despair, pain and loneliness that you are feeling, it is still early days for you hun, you can only take it a day at a time each day is different, people say keep going it will get better, but in my experience you get better from an illness, but grief isnt an illness, so theres no getting better from that, but what you do is adjust and life starts to get easier and we learn to cope with our loss, but please keep posting to us on here im sure you will fibd some small comfort from knowing you arent alone xxxx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 02:25:41 PM »
Hello- I lost my hubby in May this year. I'm experiencing all you are going through too, can't even see the blooming tunnel some days never mind the light at the end of it! I have had some 'better' days so I know they are possible but the biggest help is having somewhere like here to ask things, vent, try and support, so I hope you find that help too X