Author Topic: Almost six months since I lost my husband  (Read 7033 times)

Offline TriciaD

• New Members
Re: Almost six months since I lost my husband
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 04:14:36 PM »
This morning a thought came to me (or was it a wish).

When will all our photographs and videos once again become the treasurers they were meant to be rather than the painful reminders of a past so different from our future.

Right now I've nothing more I want to add.

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 08:35:47 PM »
I wish I knew,   I suppose when we can look at them, and we can remember those good times with fondness and yes even laughter,  rather than seeing them as a difference between the past happy great times and what we have now and the future,  at the moment for many of us the word happiness seems totally absent from any future, or at least that's how it appears to us.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 01:01:21 PM by Brian71 »

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 10:12:56 PM »
I also wish I knew. I suppose the reality is that they are still our treasures but we just can't see it yet.

:hug:

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 10:49:01 AM »
10 months in to losing George,  I sometimes look at his/our photos  around the rooms and still become overwhelmed by grief;  at other times  I find myself smiling, lost in the treasured memory of  our time together.

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 11:06:01 AM »
Hi Tricia- I just have the one photo in my living room- just can't look at any others, I find it very hard to remember Alan when he was well and healthy, only as a very poorly man in hospital, just can't seem to get beyond that.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 12:50:22 PM »
I think in time they will trigger happy or sad memories (ranging from gentle reaction to extreme reaction) depending on where we are emotionally when we look at them, and the story within them. Photos have an amazing ability to transport you back to the moment.  I love that about photos - there's a story behind many

I had a surprise flood of emotions when I saw a photo today.  My mum had found a batch of photos which she gave me to look at and scan (so we have electronic copies to preserve some of the older ones which are fading) There's some really young photos, and some where I'm older. One in particular, I had forgotten completely but on seeing the photo I'm suddenly back in the moment. I know my fiance is there, he is the person I'm gesturing/pointing at laughing. (He is finding the predicament I'm in funny, and teasing) I can see my dad stood there just on the edge of the photo.  Im so happy in the photo. I can feel those memories.  But also a sadness, my ex-husband commited suicide when he was just 36 (it's complicated), my dad now gone too.  Very mixed feelings now - fond memories, i can practically feel the happiness, but sadness and longing too

It takes time.  Treasure your photos - someday in the future they will be easier to look at despite mixed emotions they may bring xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2016, 09:00:00 AM »
How are you today Pat? Xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2016, 01:50:26 PM »
Hi Tricia, welcome, (ive just returned from holiday) hence my late welcome, im sorry for the loss of your hubby, I lost mine 2 years ago suddenly with no warning after 48 years of marriage, none of us wanted this 'new' life, id much rather still be living my 'old' life but unfortunately its not to be, so we carry on the best way we can, regarding the fb im so so sorry you were upset by not receiving a welcome post, i really cannot understand why you didnt, if you would like to give me your fb name and when you joibed the group i will check out what went wrong. Xxx

Norma

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐