Author Topic: Didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  (Read 7777 times)

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
Didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
« on: September 14, 2016, 10:20:14 PM »
I've been round to my eldest daughters this evening and had a couple of hours with them. We were chatting and I mentioned the latest book I'm listening to, "The man who forgot his wife" and my daughter started laughing. I had to press her to tell me why she found it amusing and reluctantly she reminded me of an incident a few years ago when Chris and I had taken our dog out for a walk. For some reason we had a blazing row, a real humdinger and I ended up driving off and leaving her behind. She rang my daughter who went out and picked her up and when they got home I was there. When my daughter came in the house she said to me something along the lines of ,"You forgot your wife."

We used to have spectacular rows, wish I could have another and then make up again!!!
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
Re: Didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 11:50:45 PM »
All marriages will have the odd row George,   fortunately we didn't have many during our 49yrs, and when we did they were always over something very silly indeed, and we both knew it was stupid,  but pride is a stupid thing sometimes,  and often I would come to my senses and say sorry first, and that's was all it took....that one little word "Sorry' but is sometimes hard to say because of stupid pride,   sometimes when it was actually she who had started it,  but someone has to make that first move, and often as not,  It was I who did so, and then she would say...no it was my fault, and she would say sorry too...often saying it a few times...and then the hug and kisses...we rarely went to bed without making up....life's too short.

AIS we didn't have many especially so over the last 20yrs maybe 2 or 3 times,  but they lasted minutes,  we can all be stubborn at times,  no one is perfect but if it's true love then you will always make up quickly.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 08:40:48 AM by Brian71 »

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 12:44:56 AM »
It's strange the things we miss. Not just the big things and good things but also the little things and even things that got on our nerves at the time.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 10:37:58 PM »
After 48 years of marrige, we did okay considering, however once we retired and together 24/7 itvwas little niddly things that we not so much  argue but bicker laughingly about, our favourite annoyance was which side the mixer tap at the  kitchen sink should be lol, id move to where i wanted it, john would imnediately move it back, silly i know but do you know what that same mixer tap stays in one place now and that's wehere he liked it xx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 10:44:45 PM »
I would love to go in the bathroom and see the toothpaste squeezed in the middle again. I might even start doing it myself.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 11:00:28 PM »
Go for it hubby i never leave the toulet roll off the holder now but constantly did it because i knew it annoyed him lol x

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 11:28:50 PM »
i never leave the toulet roll off the holder now but constantly did it because i knew it annoyed him
  :azn: and did he constantly leave the toilet seat up?

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 12:24:46 AM »
Of course he did that was my niddle at him lol.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 08:28:15 PM »
Mine would do a job then leave everything around.Like you Norma it was banter having a laugh and getting revenge ,but one I won't forget was a faulty heater matrix from the camper van,he left on the kitchen windowsill.I left it there determined I would ignore it (same theory as not doing washing that wasn't in the basket narked me more than him) After a while I started to mention this thin,g its a big lump of plastic with a tube coming out of the top.Not the most attractive ornament.But I was determined this time I wasn't going to shift it,I would even dust it and put it back.Eventually  I sellotaped a note on which simply said MOVE ME.He put a rose in the plastic tube and a note that said love you,and so it went on, both of us .leaving daft notes and daft items in the tube.It must have been there 3 years.When I packed up to leave I should have thrown it out but couldn't bring myself to do it.So I brought it here and it remains on the kitchen windowsill.No daft notes anymore which is sad but I still smile about it,still dust it,and next too it fully polished up is the alternator  that caused me months of problems because as it turned out he had fitted the wrong size.I figure if he,s out there laughing at my dismal DIY attempts,it serves as a reminder that he didn't always get everything right himself. :rofl:

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 08:34:51 PM »
Now this is where I prove that we're not all the same (us men that is) I would have moved it the very first time you asked me, in fact I would have moved it before  :angel:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 11:05:21 PM »
I would have got involved in the battle of wills. Margaret always won in the end but I never stopped trying.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 11:31:51 PM »
Alright - I lied!! We were both stubborn monkeys as well  :rolleyes:

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 07:10:10 PM »
 :rofl:well if its confession time it appears someone else's mess is more annoying than your own.The number of times I,be gone looking for stuff I haven't put away seem to be oon the increase.Today it was a trowel.Eventually found stuck in the soil near the last place I weeded.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 10:25:55 PM »
That must be a common thing. I was looking for a paintbrush this afternoon and couldn't find it anywhere. I decided to get a new one out of the wrapper and set off with a big tub of masonry paint. When I opened it there was the brush I couldn't find. Floating on top of the paint.  :rofl:

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2016, 12:55:24 PM »
 :rofl:that would be fun to fish out.

I left some outdoor wood paint outside with the lid not properly closed,Yesterday when i wanted to use it, it was full of water, so i figured water sits on top of paint if i dont shake it , so if i poured the top away i would still have some viable paint left

-but where do you pour paint, down the drain not possible as i use grey water through a reed bed to top up the pond -so i  lifted some weed fabric waiting to be gravelled over, poured the top of the tin onto the soil,then replaced the weed fabric,  like a child sweeping the mess on the floor  to under the rug.  :whistle: