Author Topic: Lonelier place  (Read 7341 times)

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
Re: Lonelier place
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2016, 11:00:09 AM »
I do mindfulness too- it can be very helpful. Hope it brings you many benefits Angela X

Offline angela33

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2016, 12:35:46 PM »
Oh thanks for that Julie - good to know that you've found it helpful x. Will report back!

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2016, 12:39:46 PM »
The thing i have found with up days -like leeds for example  is the anticlimax the day after seems to be more amplified than the normal post holiday blues used to be.But i figure the up days are definitely worth it.
I tried mindfulness -problem was it was an online course done in lunch hours at work as i dont have a pc at home, so being constantly interupted meant i couldnt really follow it. but i got given a really interesting cookery book written by people working in a budhist retreat  which brings mindfulness into cooking -who would have thought peeling potatoes is a mindful activity,or Kale in soup remind you of a summer meadow - but suprisingly it can be really therapeutic.   

Offline angela33

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 01:07:55 PM »
It must have been tricky doing mindfulness at work like that - a bit of an extra challenge! Great thing about it seems to e the way it can apply in all areas so I really get including it in cooking and eating. Years ago someone gave me The Self Healing Cookbook which was based on macrobiotic foods but also had the mindful approach to food prep etc.

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2016, 01:20:24 PM »
Yes and one of the exercises concentrates on when we are out walking and feeling a bit vulnerable and unsteady (which is how I am at the moment) and it shows you how to concentrate on the feel of the pavement under your feet and the action of putting your foot down and how it feels- what can you smell, what can you see etc. It does work by distracting the mind from where it wants you to go.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2016, 01:42:32 PM »
My cooking has turned into my mindfulness, I get really absorbed in it and find it so calming and relaxing
The app called Headspace is worth a try, the first 10 weeks are free and it is little portions of guided mindfulness.  May be worth a try, especially before bed perhaps :-)  download for free from the playstore on an android phone or tablet xxx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2016, 06:57:54 PM »
My cooking has turned to anything but mindful lately.fridge freezer went on the blink while I was away at the weekend,so last night was mindless beans on toast,tonight was going to be poached egg on toast,but I managed to spill the whites while transferring them to the pan.so was toast with a dab of egg yolk .Did spot a couple of courgettes in the garden though and theres some varietys of beans in tins so tomorrow night I will be mindfully creating a casserole.That's if the frost or a big fat slug don't get there first. :rofl:

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 07:05:18 PM »
 :grin: :laugh: :rolleyes:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2016, 07:30:14 PM »
Awww no karena!! Hope you get there first!  Look forward to hearing how the casserole goes  :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2016, 10:44:44 PM »
Don't give the slug a chance. Grab your torch and get those courgettes indoors.