Author Topic: Hurting so badly  (Read 4273 times)

Offline Struggling

• New Members
Hurting so badly
« on: September 10, 2016, 08:21:31 PM »
Hi I lost my husband 9 days ago and am struggling to see past my nose right now. I can't imagine my future without him and am relatively young at 45 having  been with him 22 years, married for what would be 21 in November. I have always believed in fate but not this time. I wish so much that I had faith of something beyond life so that I know I would see him again. I just feel so selfish in my misery and have never felt so low.

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
Re: Hurting so badly
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 12:10:35 AM »
 :hug: It's so hard. My condolences to you. There are lots of people here who know just what you are going through and as we all talk to one another here in the forum, hopefully it brings just a little comfort. I wish you strength through the dark days ahead.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline alan2273

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 09:13:53 AM »
I can feel your pain as I lost my wife 11 days ago after 44 years of happy marriage.
At this time with awaiting the funeral, I am in a daze, so you are not alone.
Have you got any children or close relatives that can help you through this.
No one can ease your pain, only time will do that, but just having someone to lean on is a big help.

Offline Struggling

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 10:59:22 AM »
Thanks both. I do have lots of people in contact and family  but it's just not the same as having the love of your life there to pick you up and comfort you. I spent a long time on line last night and this morning as a distraction and I know I am not alone in how I feel. We didn't do anything special in the evenings other than sit and watch TV or a film etc but how I miss just looking over at him and knowing how much I loved him - it was such a real feeling from looking at him and I told him every day that I loved him. I now sleep on his side of the bed and have sprayed his pillow with his aftershave so I fall asleep cuddling him, if only it were real.

Offline Millie

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 12:31:05 PM »
Hi there

I'm 51 and was married for what would have been 28 years on 1st October this year. The pain is unbearable. I lost him 8th August this year.

We too used to watch a film together on the settee under a warm blanket cuddled up together and I also cuddle up to his pillow when I go to bed.

I know, as well as others, what you are going through. I pray that maybe I fell over and banged my head and I will therefore wake up in hospital with my dear husband by my side and that this has just been one hell of a nightmare! If only....

Thinking of you.

Millie

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 03:00:43 PM »
Oh how I can sympathise with the way you are feeling. 9 days ago - that is so new and raw and scary. Being on here is really helping me through. I lost my hubby 5 months ago- I can't believe I've made it this far, it doesn't seem do able does it? But it is. I'm hoping we can all help and support you.  :hug:

Offline colin

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 03:16:00 PM »
Hi,Just to let you know we are all here for each other in our dark hours of grieve,I lost the love of my life on the 9th April, she was so brave in everything she did in an attempt to beat the illness.I find that coming on the forum helps a great lot,you can share your feelings and get support from us all and believe me it helps so keep posting on the forum and you will find comfort knowing you are not alone,we are all in the same boat.Sorry for your loss,try to stay strong. :hearts: :hug:

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 11:25:58 PM »
So sorry to hear of your loss,  I can only echo the words made by others,  we are all going through the same thing and there is nothing worse, they say time helps, and obviously it will,  but as I've found today, you can still get a bad day even after 5 months, which is how long it's been since my own wife of 49yrs marriage passed away suddenly.    I thought I had got over the worst,  but today has reminded me,  that it's going to take a very long time, and indeed I doubt the pain we feel will actually ever go away altogether.

You are among friends here who know what it's like, because we feel the same,  I hope posting here gives you a little support and comfort, as sometimes talking about it helps.  A phrase we often use here is to take it a day at a time as initially that's all you can do.

The reality is, we are all struggling,  but AIS... take it a day at a time....little steps each day.

Sending you a hug, and take care of yourself, it's you that matters now.
 :hug:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 08:41:39 PM »
Welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear of your loss.

I wish there were something I could type that would take away the pain you are going through. I wish there were something I have learned through my loss that I could pass on to make things easier. Of course there is nothing I could say which would reduce your grief. It is something you will go through in your own way and at your own pace.

Feeling selfish in your misery is just one of many emotions you are going to go through. Its a long journey with many twists and turns but remember that whatever you are feeling at any given time is perfectly normal.

Wishing you strength

Offline Julie

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 10:15:12 PM »
Hello I am new to bereavement uk it's been 17 months since I lost my husband
It was sudden as he had not been ill . He was 58 and been married 34 years I decided to join the group because I still hurt and feel his loss every day.  I work full time got a lovely family but I still have bad days I find working helps me through some of the days and I just try to look no further then a week  which is differ cult for me as i have always needed  to plan for the future but now it just frightens sometimes I feel selfish  but as I read other posts I know I am not alone. I read somewhere before my husband died that' greif do not go away it just changes shape'
 17 month on I now understand the meaning of that.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 10:34:24 PM »
Welcome to the forum Julie,