General Category > General Discussion

The nightly ritual.

(1/3) > >>

longedge:
It's approaching midnight and it looks as if I'll be up and about for a couple of hours more at least. Apart from looking in here, I follow several other forums and always have my headphones on listening to Spotify. Lionel Richie's "Tender Heart" was just on :-

Every night and every day my heart feels the pain
      I wake up to the thought of you and I call your name
      No one ever made me feel the way you do
      Nothing in this world I wouldn't do for you
      But now I've got to let go

the rest isn't really apt but that verse brought a lump to my throat  :cray:

Hubby:
Musics got a nasty way of amplifying your emotions. I cant listen to the radio now because so many tunes set me off. I'm actually quite surprised at the memories attached to songs,

Even as I type Patsy Klines crazy is pleaying on the telly and I can picture Margaret singing it on a night out that must have been over twenty years ago.

... and theres me crying now. :cray:

longedge:
Group sob then Hubby  :rolleyes:

My playlist is about halfway through at the moment, I must be a sucker for punishment, everything on it brings a tear to my eye!!

oops - Stereophonics "Dakota". Now that one makes me smile - I picture my brother-in-law about 10 years ago, waiting to go on a parachute jump looking very pale and worried  :smiley:

I'm back in my childhood now with Ronnie Ronalde, one of my Dad's favourite performers from the Music Hall days  :smiley:

alan2273:
My favourite is Celine Dions because you loved me.
My wife was a big fan of Lionel Richie.

Julie Magson:
Wow I admire you all- I can't bear to listen to any music really. Sometimes there will songs that crop up on the radio (which is tuned to Radio2 so it's talk and music). I can't play any of 'our' music and haven't for nearly two years now since Alan became very ill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version