Author Topic: new  (Read 2419 times)

Offline Jak1956

new
« on: August 17, 2016, 07:57:11 PM »
Just a little bit about me. I lost my mum in May, she was 83 and had been in poor health for the last 15 years, but never gave in. She lived in sheltered housing till last christmas when she was taken really ill and admitted to a hospice, yet again she surprised us all, she went into a nursing home and we honestly thought they got it all wrong, she hated being in the home to start with and was not always nice to me and my sister! but she soon got into the swing of it and was joining in with entertainment etc, sadly in May she went downhill very quickly and was gone within a fortnight. Since my dad died 4 years ago I had rung her every night ( i lived 250 miles away) used to visit her at least once a month and she came to stay with us too. Its the phone calls I am missing. I keep thinking of things during the day that I want to tell her, then realise I cant ring her. I had gone back to work and was fine, till we went down south for the first time since she had gone, and we didn't see her, she wasn't there. Since coming back I have been off work as I cant face it.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: new
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 09:50:05 PM »
Sending you a welcome hug Jak, xxx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 09:55:03 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 10:53:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum Jak. So sorry to hear of your loss.

Have you thought of ringing the Samaritans? It helped me in the early days of my loss to be able to talk to an anonymous stranger and it may give you some comfort to be able to express your feelings and occupy the time you would have been on the phone to your mum.

Wishing you strength

:hug:

Offline Soleil

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 12:57:23 AM »
Hi Jak1956

I remember when my mum died that I wanted to pick up the phone and call her. I would call her 3 times a day for no reason and when she was gone, it was terrible. You'll get through it slowly and your mum will always be in your memory.   :hug: