Author Topic: What makes you smile  (Read 3827 times)

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
What makes you smile
« on: July 31, 2016, 06:30:35 PM »
What makes you smile when you think of your loved one?

For me today it's his love of ice cream- wherever we went, whatever we were doing, whenever we heard an ice cream van, he had to have his ice cream!  :heart:

Offline Rosaleen

Re: What makes you smile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 07:38:52 PM »
Whenever I have my moments of doubt (of which there  many on my  dark grey days) about whether or not George WAS happy with me,
I remember how he would blow me kisses at me, totally out of the blue, for no particular reason or occasion.
This ALWAYS  makes me smile  and reassures me

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 12:41:59 PM »
Lovely  :hug:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 04:52:50 PM »
I have lots of things that make me smile when I think about Margaret but the main one is whenever I see an owl whether that be real, plastic, a picture or an ornament.

One day she went round the graves in the cemetery with flowers as she did every week and she got a lift off my daughter. After they had finished they were driving out when they spotted a bloke with an owl on his arm. My daughter wondered what he was doing with it and mentioned it to Margaret. Margaret the made her stop the car. Jumped out and all 4 foot 10 of her marched up to the owl man shouting...

"OI MATE, IS THAT YOUR OWL?".

The owl man stated that he was from on owl sanctuary and it was indeed his owl then asked if she wanted to hold it.

"No thanks" she replied "I hate birds but I don't like the thought of people being cruel to them"

That was her all over. She would always stand up for things she believed in and to hell with the consequences.

It's a good job it was his owl, if it wasn't I would probably be writing this under the gaze of a pair of owl eyes.

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 02:54:46 PM »
I envy you hubby that you're able to remember a lot of things that make you smile about Margaret.
It's only recently, 8  months after losing George, that I'm just starting to be able to call up happy memories that can make me smile. Still it's good that its beginning to happen

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 12:19:53 AM »
Lots of things do make me smile Rosaleen but those smiles come with tears. It's really weird how, at this point in my grieving, happy thoughts can make me sad and, perversely, how feeling sad, the one of sad that has me bawling, sometimes makes me feel better.  :undecided: