Author Topic: Lost my son to suicide  (Read 3602 times)

Offline Tysmom

• New Members
Lost my son to suicide
« on: July 29, 2016, 06:14:57 PM »
My sweet, youngest of 3 boys, Ty took his own life on July 4th of this year. I am obviously shattered. He was struggling with depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I saw it coming. I told everyone, anyone who would listen. I felt I was shouting from the rooftops and no one could hear me. I yelled at his father (we divorced when Ty was six, and in the last year Ty was living there). I TOLD him it was happening, that it's real. I told him. I did everything I knew to do- constantly reaching out to my son, telling him "I'm here", intervening with doctors, admitting him to a treatment center. I have experience, having lost Ty's first stepfather to suicide in 2008 and my mother to a not-so-accidental overdose just last year. I have to wonder- just how much can one person take? I am 45 yrs old and gave the ashes of my son, my mother and my husband in my bedroom.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Lost my son to suicide
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 10:54:49 PM »
So sorry for your losses  :hearts:  its a rollercoaster journey but talking can help. People here understand, hope you find it a comfort xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 12:12:43 PM »
Hello Tysmom. What a burden you have had. I really hope that coming on here and talking about things to people who just understand automatically will ease things for you- it's certainly helped me to write things down. You sound like you did everything you possibly could for Ty. Keep posting.

Offline Tysmom

• New Members
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 07:05:40 PM »
Thank you. I've never actually joined a forum...
I just want to communicate with other people grieving. I just went to the convenience store and got asked the dreaded "How are you?" that people automatically ask. I've decided on always asking the same question back, without answering. People don't seem to notice. I'm not fine. I'm not well. They don't really want to know that I'm in a living nightmare, huh? :/

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 07:10:25 PM »
Oh that 'How are you question' or the 'Have a good day ' one- I just want to tell them the truth.