Author Topic: Cheese Savouries.  (Read 5308 times)

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
Cheese Savouries.
« on: July 26, 2016, 03:27:18 PM »
I know- a weird title for a post but just wanted to share an absurd thing I had the other night. I bought a pack of cheese savouries, sat down to open them and burst into tears- my hubby used to love them! So I found the heart shaped one and 'shared' it with him--- a cheese savoury for goodness sake!

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
Re: Cheese Savouries.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 04:27:31 PM »
It's weird what does trigger sad thoughts sometimes. I don' think I'm safe from anything in the house. Photos are my weak spot and some songs and Febreze and toilet rolls and certain ornaments and Coronation Street and Judge Judy and the flower borders and..... the list is almost unending  :cray:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 06:34:29 PM »
Oh yes- you're so right, and music is a killer.

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 08:45:22 PM »
Its totally understandable over time you learn to adapt,either avoid the thing or file it away until it becomes something that makes you smile rather than cry. Five years on I can't eat the last rolo  because I always gave it to him,and I can't eat jellybabies because he always bought them for me.The last rollos go in a tin to share with his grandkids instead.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 09:33:11 PM »
I still struggle to make custard or mash, when my dad was ill with his cancer for a while he could only eat small portion of either.  It brings back that sad memory every time i make either.  Had apple crumble and custard just now, so is fresh in my mind again

:hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 12:22:29 AM »
What I find strange is that sometimes I will absolutely dread doing something I 'know' will set me off, being relieved when it doesn't and then something completely random does set me off.

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 07:55:47 PM »
I can't touch custard or mash either, George the same cancer as your dad  Emz with the same eating problems.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 08:49:41 PM »
Sending you a hug Rosaleen  :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 01:54:38 PM »
Thanks Emz

Offline Brian71

• VIP Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 07:08:41 PM »
I agree, many things can start you off crying, as Julie stated music is certainly one of them,  certain songs make you weepy, photo's of course.  I have a photo of my wife protruding out from the flap on the passenger side sun visor, it was just a bit too much having it on the drivers side (had to think of the safety of other road users)

In reality, it's when you think about them, what you had together, and now it's gone,  I don't feel sorry for myself so much,  I feel upset because she shouldn't have gone yet, it was not her time,  it's me that's had 4 heart attacks, so I always thought as did my family that I would go first,  but things don't always work out the way one expects.

Though I'm not doing it myself yet,  I do think the long term solution to help ease the pain is to seek out more social interests, meet new friends, easier to say than do I know, anything to fill part of that huge hole left in our lives.  Whether that will happen in time I don't know, but sharing our feelings on here is a start, as others just don't understand, indeed my 2 sons grieving ended at their mothers funeral,   totally opposite of how I feel.
A Day at a time people.....a day at a time.

Take care... Brian.... :hug:

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 07:10:25 PM »
Wise words Brian.