Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 2704 times)

Offline choccyface

• New Members
Hello Everyone
« on: July 09, 2016, 11:07:05 PM »
I am glad to find this forum.  Briefly my Dad was diagnosed with cancer in April 2015. At that point I was devastated and Dad deteriorated very quickly and we were told to expect no more than 6 months.
We live in South Wales and dad in Yorkshire so we began visiting every 2 weeks.
Keeping as short as possible I am 62 but am still a daddy's girl and I began to grieve as soon as I knew his prognosis. I thought that this would make things easier when the end came.
Dad passed on 10th June, I have nightmares still about the way he died. As he had asbestos cancer there was an inquest and the funeral eventually took place on 27th June. I feel that at my age I am not supposed to grieve as much. It's one month tomorrow and I am dreading it so much.
I am very sorry if this post is too long 

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 08:45:58 AM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 10:49:38 AM »
Welcome,grief has no age barriers xxx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Joann

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 12:20:29 PM »
So sorry for the loss that brings you here. Please feel free to post however you are feeling and grief has no age limit or time span. Sending welcome  :hug:
Taking it one day at a time.

Offline choccyface

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 12:48:04 PM »
Thank you all for thinking of me and replying. I know there are people with much bigger problems than I have and it's really picked me up to be on this forum.

Hugs

Lynne

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2016, 10:49:59 PM »
Hi choccyface. Welcome to the forum.

It's strange how we think grieving should be before we experience it. You thought you should find it easier because you are 61. I used to think it took about a fortnight.

I find that this is a great forum because the people here are all experiencing grief and know what we are going through having had similar experiences themselves. It helps just to know we are not the only ones experiencing the intense pain of grief.

Wishing you strength.

:hug:

Offline choccyface

• New Members
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 11:15:35 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to answer me. I think part of the problem is that we don't talk about death or grief in our society.  My mum died aged 53 over 28 years ago. I said goodnight to her on the Friday night as they had been babysitting for me and in the early hours of Saturday dad was ringing to say she had died of a brain haemorrhage.  I didn't grieve I didn't really accept it and ended up in hospital having therapy.  Seems I don't deal with grief very well. Part of me still feel that Dad is in his house, watching sport on his big TV in his special chair. The fact that the house is sold and the TV in my house doesn't stop this fantasy.  I am trying to plan things to keep busy and hope that will help.
Thank you again.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 06:42:57 AM »
Hi choccyface, everyone grieves differently unfortunstely theres no book of instructions, but whoever we have lost, whatever there age and whatever our age we still grieve and get through it the best we can, and peoples perception on grief before they have lost  someone very close to them is miles away from the actualities xxx

Sending you a hug   :hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐