Author Topic: Loss of my soulmate of 52 years  (Read 4388 times)

Offline colin

Loss of my soulmate of 52 years
« on: July 09, 2016, 02:49:52 PM »
13 weeks tonight that I lost my Darling,Pat she is and always will be in my heart forever.The pain does not get any easier I miss her so much words cannot start to explain how I really feel,still have'nt gone far from home can only leave her for a few hours, just got to be near her all the time.so so lost and heartbroken. :candle:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
Re: Loss of my soulmate of 52 years
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 11:50:35 PM »
Hi Colin. Welcome to the forum.

I lost my partner of 33 years just under 4 months ago and it is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. If anything the sense of loss seems to be getting stronger as time goes by though I am finding it a little easier to distract myself and do the day to day things.

You have my deepest sympathy and I wish you the strength you will need on your journey through grief.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 08:46:51 AM »
 :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 10:51:21 AM »
(((Hugs))) Colin welcome, keep talking to us im sure it will help. Xx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline colin

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 04:24:56 PM »
Hi Everyone, Sorry I have'nt been on line for a few weeks,still having problems with coping with the loss of my Darling,it just dont seem real.People will think its madness but I have my Darling at home in a pod which carries a photograph,this I talk too all the time and kiss several times a day especially in the morning and last thing at night.whilst the roses are in bloom I try and place one in small vase at the side of my darlings photo,I do this to show my precious that I will love her forevermore till the end of time.How do you go on living without the love of your life your best mate your soulmate your everything I don't know,still don't want to go out alone,never had to,living is a punishment,life will never be the same again,but we will be together again never to part again.LOVE AND MISS YOU MY DARLING PAT.XXX
I do believe in the after life so doe's my G.P.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 06:40:11 PM »
Sending a hug, the early days are so hard. Im sure our loved ones are watching over us xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 07:12:05 PM »
Hi Colin

Nobody on here is going to think it's madness to have Pat at home with you and talk to her. We all grieve in our own way and what you do is your way of coping. It's perfectly normal. My Margaret was buried but I have a cushion with her dressing gown in that I sleep with. There is a pair of her pyjamas hanging on the bedroom door which I stroke every time I leave the room and I talk to her all the time.

Things are never going to be the same for us but the days do get easier to cope with and memories happier.

Stay strong and take each day as it comes.

Offline colin

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 05:29:19 PM »
Still feeling totally lost and heartbroken,good days are few and far between,on my own most of the time my Son phones every day or calls for 30/40 minutes,he has his own life to live with his family and do his own thing which I understand.He does grieve in his own way {anger} with everyone at times.I cry most of the time and ask why,I do blame myself for not fullfilling my promise to keep her safe and not allow anything to hurt her or take her away and we would beat the illness together.She was so brave and underwent all the treatments she was asked to undertake without a complaint,all this proved to be a waste,I love her with all my heart and miss her every minute of the day,night time is the worst,pray that one day we will be re-united again forevermore. :sad:

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 06:48:38 PM »
Oh Colin- it's 11 weeks for me and my hubby lost his battle against many illnesses. I feel relieved for him that he is not suffering the pain and indignities that came with 2 years of illness, you couldn't keep her safe as I couldn't keep Alan safe- that was out of our hands and we are not to blame- it only shows how deep our love was that we wanted that for them so much.

Offline colin

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 07:46:33 PM »
Hi Julie,Thanks for your support I lost my darling 15weeks ago,we had nearly 52yrs of love and happiness together,yes we had our ups and downs through life like most couples, but our love for each other got stronger over the years,we had been together since we were 17yrs of age,our love can never be beaten and it will go on till we are together again and last till the end of time.miss my baby so so much. :sad:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 11:01:20 PM »
Sorry to hear your having more bad than good days Colin. When we have shared so many years with our partners, with all the ups and downs, they become an integral part odourless. Losing them leaves a huge void that cannot be filled. It isn't something we can learn to cope with in weeks or months. This is going to be a long journey but we will get there.

Until then all we can do to suffer the bad days and cherish the good ones.

Hope you get some good ones soon.