Author Topic: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in  (Read 159178 times)

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: Everyday general chat, everyone welcome, just join in
« Reply #240 on: January 18, 2017, 10:02:42 PM »
It was a good episode wasnt it karena, kept you guessing

I do love animal documentaries, have to be narrated by david Attenborough though, a legend!

I liked those too Julie.  Know what you mean Karena, not sure I could watch some of the old ones all the way through the series but the odd episode is certainly reassuring :-) Cant remember the name now, which is the one with Mrs Bucket  (liked to be called Bouquet).  That one reminds me of my nan enjoying it and makes me smile. Xx

Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #241 on: January 19, 2017, 09:29:34 AM »
Keeping Up Appearances-   :coffeetoast:

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #242 on: January 19, 2017, 08:36:09 PM »
Yes that was funny I can't hear the word ratatouie without thinking of it ( I can't spell it either )  :rofl:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #243 on: January 19, 2017, 08:39:05 PM »
Well, today was the first day I felt I had a bit of energy back.  I don't know whether it is because I decided to try out a few new little things - when I woke I let myself stretch in bed for a moment before flinging myself out of it, and then did a Tai Chi move for a minute before I even put the light on  (I've had a Tai chi book for years and never quite got in the hang of actually trying/doing it).  But I certainly did seem to feel a bit more energetic, and I can't put it down to any more sleep as I, as usual, went to bed much too late.

Interestingly, I kept the energy levels through the morning and at lunch, having decided there was nowhere in the office I wanted to eat the soup I brought in, I found a bench outside in a little bit of sunshine, ate my soup then did a lap of the green in the sun.  I did get the typical energy slump after lunch and the lack of motivation kicked in, but do have a slightly optimistic feeling that I might be finding a bit more energy again

Will try the 'routine' again in the morning and see how it goes.  Maybe a little extra gentle movement is what is needed in these winter months?

How has everyones day been? xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #244 on: January 19, 2017, 10:25:45 PM »
I've been a bit ' more of the same' again today.

Did a lot of 'half jobs' in work where I started doing things with the best intentions but got bored half way through and went off in search of more interesting hints to do only to repeat the process. It's a good job all the bosses were tied up in a meeting.

Offline Didi63

« Reply #245 on: January 20, 2017, 03:29:44 PM »
Emz I've always fancied trying Tai chi but never got round to it. Think I shall take myself into town tomorrow and look in the charity shops for a good Tai chi book.
My eldest son bought me a nice pair of Nordic walking poles last year, shall have to get back into walking again.
I did have the intentions of trying bike Joring with my beagle. It's a bit like sledding with huskies but on a bike/scooter with a single or two plus dogs pulling whilst human pedals.  :shocked:
Just need all the elbow and knee pads now   :rofl: .
Wouldn't mind but not really into speed and I have visions of my beagle seeing a rabbit or something and taking off after it. Flipping heck, when I have an idea, it's something huge or stupid  :rofl: .

Offline Julie Magson

• VIP Member
« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2017, 04:20:31 PM »
Well you don't do things by halves do you!  :shocked:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2017, 04:32:35 PM »
I darent do that with my lurcher, I'd be flying at the speed of light lol!!

After having some success with the tai chi book I ordered myself a dvd of tai chi from Amazon last night - bargain price of £2.44. Looking forward to trying/learning more (and seeing if I'm doing it correctly) xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #248 on: January 20, 2017, 11:03:13 PM »
 :rofl:funnilly enough my mind went straight to your bonkers dog too Emz.never tried tai chi I did yoga and enjoyed it and found I wasn't in agony next day,but no classes round here and I can never get motivated with DVD,s.
Tonight I started top coating the cabinet but discovered I must have picked up the wrong tin,thought I had grey shadow but turns out to be pebble,which currently looks more dirty white.Maybe it will look better in daylight.

Baby sitting tomorrow night ,when I say baby he is 8,So need to hide paint brushes and paint he has been known to decide to paint things in the past,and get something in for tea. I might let him make tea I,m thinking poormans shepherds pie (baked beans instead of mince , and cheese on top) It used to be a favourite with my girls.popcorn and TV talent show later we have our own marking system,he is very critical he is autistic so doesnt hold back ,makes simon cowell look like the nice guy.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #249 on: January 21, 2017, 09:12:54 AM »
Haha, it would be carnage with Raz wouldnt it Karena!  :rofl:

Maybe a layered look will work well with the pebble paint, give it depth?

That sounds like a nice time planned. Like the sound of the poor mans shepherds pie :-)  xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #250 on: January 24, 2017, 11:42:03 AM »
Good morning all

Well, I've continued my brief stretching before getting up, (just simple stretches/moves and just concentrating on how the muscles are feeling) and about a minute of doing tai chi movements as soon as I stand up out of bed and it does seem to be making a difference. I have been feeling a bit more energetic, bit more focused and positive, which has been lasting longer into the day.  So I'm going to continue giving that a try!

Ive also tried to make a point of being more mindful - so instead of going through several thoughts/memories when walking I've tried to focus on the environment around me, even if it is only for a few minutes at a time.  Is interesting, I've worked in the centre for many years and during a walk to a shop which i do sometimes I was focussing on details the other day and looked up and noticed a weathervane which had a ship at the top.  I dont recall seeing that before!  Does help to 'rest' your brain and just 'be', and sometimes learn something new :-)

How is everyones week going?   :coffeetoast: xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #251 on: January 24, 2017, 06:27:16 PM »
Wish I was that organised in a morning I went back to sleep this morning so the stretches involved in leaping up and running round  to get to work were far from gentle.On less rushed days I have done the mindfulness thing,of looking around rather than just in front,I got so used too it I once spotted an injured blackbird flapping around on the floor there were loads of people milling around some looking in the shop window but no one else had seen it right at their feet,until I started trying to stop it going back into the road.Don't know if its mindfulness or just that I,m geared up to wildlife where others more to humans,as we become more disassociated from the natural world.

If I,m honest I have become quite depressed again this week,I know why but not how to shake it off.Keith's kids want to scatter his ashes somewhere completely alien to my life with him, They havnt been in touch for years so i knew there was a reason .We have agreed to split them and I will keep half , so its not really that in itself but the fact that they have moved on new lives new relationships/careers etc etc which is as it should be, but I,m still stuck . Oh well  its been brewing awat for a few days but I,have said it now so maybe that will help clear the fog.

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #252 on: January 29, 2017, 10:16:00 PM »
How are you feeling now Karena? Sending a big hug  :hug:

I'm really appreciating technology today. Looking through an old photo album and found one of the photos was missing. One of me and my sister. I vaguely remember using the original in my scrapbook years ago obviously meaning to get a replacement printed but never did. This eve,  after locating the negative (which was the hardest part lol), it took me 20 minutes to scan in the negative, adjust the colours a bit in paintshop then print on my little photo printer.  Hey presto. I have replacement photo for my album,  and a spare (as it's one of my favourite :-))   so today I'm thankful for technology

Hope everyone is OK. I'm acheing after doing hours of walking yesterday, spent the day in London exploring. Was fabulous seeing all the Chinese new year decorations, and even managed to see a couple of lion dances which made my day xx
Hold on in there xx

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #253 on: January 30, 2017, 07:12:44 PM »
I am grateful for technology every day Emz.we could not be here without it and if I had to wait for the za post services to hear from my daughter I would be climbing the walls.
I would not be doing my job without it either ,but maybe that's less of a blessing.maybe I would have been a painter instead,or maybe done something more useful. :rofl:

Thankyou for the hug.
I am feeling better,I,m finally getting the kitchen sorted,and I have help.My neighbour ( the nice one) is between jobs and bored ,I had ordered some sample flooring and he took the parcel for me,so I asked his opinion about which one,which lead to a conversation about the whole kitchen problem.He can't fix the Rayburn but he,s putting the floor down and painting the walls and ceiling and his mate is a decorator so he is going to refurb the cupboards at mates rates,he also got paint and floor at trade price.I took it with a pinch of salt at first but then he came back round said its all organised clear the stuff and wash everything down over the weekend and I,all start monday,today is Monday and he has done loads while I have been at work.All a bit sudden but just the kick up the backside I needed.I think he's been watching DIY sos. :rofl:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #254 on: January 30, 2017, 09:22:40 PM »
Glad you're feeling better  :hug:

Aww that's really lovely about the kitchen :-)  always lovely when someone offers some help :-)  hope it all goes well 

Ive started a new future learn course on nutrition, have had some time to catch up with it this eve, finding it really interesting xx
Hold on in there xx