Author Topic: 6 months in ...  (Read 3294 times)

Offline Mandy

• New Members
6 months in ...
« on: June 26, 2016, 07:53:18 PM »
My lovely husband died suddenly 6 months ago, a few days before Christmas. I have been coping well, sorting solicitors etc  - now, 6 months on, that is all over & I am left feeling utterly bereft. Have just passed his 6 month anniversary & his birthday. I feel exhausted by all the firsts.

Everyone says how "brave" & "marvellous" I am but when I am on my own I just cry & don't feel brave & marvellous at all. Please someone tell me that there is light at the end if the tunnel & I won't always feel this dreadful.
Mandy

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: 6 months in ...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 09:28:48 PM »
(((Hugs))) Mandy i promise you you wont always feel this bad, but it does take time and it happens gradually, hang in their hun keep talking to us, we will support you through this roller coaster of grief xxxx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Pauline Mc

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 09:37:56 PM »
Hi Mandy - I lost my partner suddenly two years ago.  I don't think we ever get over it but we do learn to live with the loss more.  Anniversaries are always so hard and we all get set backs but just keep taking small steps at a time and keep posting on here.  Sending love and hugs to you xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 11:08:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum Mandy. Sorry to hear of your loss.

I lost my wife just over three months ago so I can't tell you it gets easier from experience but everyone says it does. It's just so very hard to believe it sometimes.

Wishing you strength.

Offline Helen_S

• New Members
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 10:19:51 AM »
Hi Mandy

I know exactly how you are feeling. I went through the same nearly six years ago.

It takes time to slow down and start to grieve. Then just try to take one day at a time.

Sending hugs
Helen