Author Topic: Not doing so well  (Read 5281 times)

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Not doing so well
« on: June 26, 2016, 09:48:46 AM »
I dont really know how to write how ive felt this past week, as i dont normally post about myself anymore, but it will be 2 years in August since i lost my hubby of 48 years (together for 51) im mostly okay now still have crappy days and miss him terribly,  but this week ive gone through the emotions as in my early days, anger, anxiety, restless, irratable. I started the week off feeling low but Wednesday i felt as if id been hit by a sledgehammer, i bumped into an old colleague who asked me 'hows John  dont normally see you two apart' of course found myself consoling her as she felt terrible, tried to pretend and convince her i was okay, finally said goodbye to her but raced home to cry my eyes out. The difference now though from when i first lost John is, then i thought i would always feel like i this,  now i know i will get through this bit of a relapse, sorry for rambling but thanks for listening xxx

:hearts:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Pauline Mc

Re: Not doing so well
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 10:10:08 AM »
So sorry you are feeling so down and had a bad week Norma.  Its surprising how one comment can tip your whole world again.  I recently saw a counsellor who had also lost her husband and really understood what we are going through.  She said 2 years is no time at all to still have our world rocked.  Just be assured that we are all here for you and love you to bits.  You are such a support to others that we often forget that you are going through the same as other people on this site.  Sending love and hugs to a very special woman. xxxx

Offline Joann

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 01:16:25 PM »
Norma, I want to send you lots and lots of love and hugs. You are a very very special lady who has helped me immensely on my grief journey in spite of your own grief. I have no words that will make you feel better, just know you are thought highly of and please take care of yourself and know as you are there for others, we are there for you.   :hug: :hug: :hug: :hearts:
Taking it one day at a time.

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 03:56:03 PM »
Sending you my deepest heartfelt wishes. I can only echo what Joann and Pauline have said about  how much vital help you've been to us AND to lots of others here I really really hope the  coming days start to give you some of your  strength back.
Lots of hugs to youXXXX
 :hearts: :hearts: :hug: :hug:

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 07:49:40 PM »
Thank you everyone for your messages of support. Reading them has been heartwarming, i know i will bounce back, as we all know thats what we do, xxx

:hearts: :hug:

Offline Pauline Mc

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 09:41:08 PM »
  You wouldn't be human if you didn't have glitches occasionally but you are loved by so many people Norma (especially me!).  I'm glad you have posted on here as we want to support you as much as you've supported all of us. xxx
 :hearts: :hug:

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 10:09:46 PM »
Sending huge hugs hun  :hug:  :hug:
Be gentle with yourself, you are also on the grief rollercoaster and have come to a rough bit, take some time, be supported by others and increase the TLC. We'll help you through it    :hearts: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 11:12:50 PM »
We all have setbacks Norma. It seems it's part of the process. Having someone ask how the person you lost is can be a nasty trigger, especially as you expect it less as time passes. You did well to console them while hiding your own hurt but we all know it has to come out.

Big hugs for you

:hug:  :hug:

Offline phoenixrising

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 01:07:13 AM »
I have no words as I am so new on my road but have seen the support you send others and just wanted to send lots of hugs xxxx  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Taking it one step at a time x

Offline rajahh

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 09:07:05 AM »
Norma, I am just ahead of you time wise from losing my husband, . I returned to BUK recently because I felt lost again.

Two years does seem to stir all the feelings again, but as you said you do know this will not last but when we are in themiddle if it we don't believe it .

I am recovering again and so will you

Love Jeannette

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 12:35:25 PM »
Love and best wishes to you all, and thank you for your messages of support, it does help to know im not alone and on here im among people who  care and are feeling the same emotions xxx

:hug: :hug: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline colin

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 03:03:01 PM »
Hi Norma,
           Sorry I have not been on site for some time,I have been feeling low and heartbroken,visited Docs for some help,but he is reluctant to put me on medication just yet seeing him again soon.You have been a great help to everyone on the forum and if it helps you deal with your grief and sadness at this sad time,  remember you are loved and supported by everyone.You said to me on joining the forum take baby steps and you will get through,but the pain of loss will never go away but you will learn to cope.The words of advise and love you show to others in this sad time is great,and so helpful,always remember you are so respected for all that you say and do.Wishing you well.
                                                                                                                                    Colin. :hug: :hearts:

Offline Karena

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 08:45:03 PM »
 :hug: Norma we love you to bits but we know you are in pain too Please don't forget we are here for you just as you have been for everyone else.