Author Topic: Lost boyfriend  (Read 3723 times)

Offline Heartbreak16

Lost boyfriend
« on: June 10, 2016, 09:53:46 PM »
I lost my beloved boyfriend ally on 16th may this year. We had only been together for 10 months, and we're starting to make plans for the future. He was the most beautiful, caring, funny, kind, romantic, passionate, frustrating and annoying man I had ever met. He was an alcoholic and had been open and honest with me from the start. We had a few difficult weeks over the months. I went to AA meetings with him, visited him in hospital and stood by him as much as I could. He struggled but he always sorted himself out in the end. On the 7th may he started drinking again and he hit it hard. I went to his house but he was never there. I called his mobile phone it went straight to voice mail. I turned up unexpectedly at his house and found him asleep covered in sick etc. I got him into a bath and into clean clothes and we lay talking cuddled up in his bed. I told him I would always always be there for him. He promised me that he would get help that a good friend had come to visit and had listtened. On the 14th may I found him in his home in a terrible state. I didn't tell him that I was coming I just turned up.  Drunk and out his face. He had chosen alcohol over spending time with his daughters. I told him how disappointed I was that he had let things get this bad. He downed a pint of vodka in front of me just like that. No remorse, no feeling. Nothing. His house was a mess, it was dirty, he was dirty. My last words to him were " you are a disgrace " I left feeling angry. Angry at him for letting his girls down, me down but most of all letting himself down. I tried to call and call with no answer. I wanted to visit him but I was so angry at him. So angry. On Tuesday 17th may I left work early and raced to be with him. I tried the front and back Dior both were locked. I tried his phone. Nothing. I spent half an hour shouting through the letterbox, trying both doors and his phone. A neighbour pulled up in her car and asked if I was looking for ally I said yes. She told me that he had called 999 for an ambulance when the paramedics arrived they could not get in so called the police by the time the police got there to force entry he was found dead in his bathroom. The utter devastation I felt then is as real as it is now. I feel heart broken that he died alone. Angry that I walked away from him when I shouldn't have. Angry that my last words to him were so harsh. He was only 45, 10 years older than me. People tell me he is at peace now but I know that he was not ready to die. I've struggled to cope and it's hit me harder than anything Before. I just want to scream and scream and scream. There is nothing I can do to make this pain go away. I didn't know many of his friends and we hadn't yet met each other's families. His daughters and ex wife knew about me and at the funeral his ex wife introduced me to them. I feel heart broken that I met his beautiful girls for the first and last time at his funeral and this will be the memory I have of them. I just don't ever see a time where this pain will ease.

Offline rajahh

Re: Lost boyfriend
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 11:18:49 PM »
Just read your post. I am at a loss for words, but could not ignore you either.

This was a heartbreaking post to read, and your devastation is very apparent. You have so many emotions whirling round in your head.

I too wanted to scream when I was told about my loved ones deaths  . In fact I did scream, I shouted at her and was really angry.

These emotions are very real, and overpowering.

We will all tell you not to feel guilty about your words and actions, but we all know too that guilt lives with many of us.

Please keep talking to us, it may it feel as though it does not help but it really does.

Jeannette

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 11:20:23 PM »
Hello H and welcome to this forum.

What a heartbreaking story your first post is and I am so sorry for this very tragic loss that has brought you here.

I do hope our very caring members offer you the support you need to get you through this very difficult time and that sharing your pent up feelings getting them down in writing will lift them a little from your broken heart.

Please keep posting, we are all here for you I promise.
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 07:33:16 AM »
Aw Hun no wonder youve called yourself heartbroken, my heart goes out to you for the pain youre feeling, no words i can say can make it any easeier, only time will do that, and i promise you it will, this is a very caring group, and we will be here for you.  Xxx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Joann

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 03:51:10 PM »
So so sorry for the circumstances that bring you here.  My son's father died 5 years ago, he was also an alcoholic. Addiction is a terrible thing and changes the people we love, takes over them and causes them to be unable to see beyond their addiction. It is hard for us to understand and we get angry with the situation as opposed to being angry with them.
Please keep posting, you will find lots of support here. Sending you lots of  :hug:
Taking it one day at a time.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 11:00:37 PM »
That is such a sad post.  I wish I had some words I could say to ease your pain but those words do not exist.

Wishing you the strength to cope

:hug: