Author Topic: It's been 8 months  (Read 2638 times)

Offline Jackie

It's been 8 months
« on: June 04, 2016, 08:50:34 PM »
It's been 8 months since my partner of 20 years died suddenly and I became a single parent of  3 children under 13 years. I think for the first 6 months I was on auto pilot  just getting through each day for the sake of the children and now it seems to be hitting harder. I am a strong person but now panic that any decisions I make are right when I would never have questioned it before. I look at the children and worry that their behaviour (they have been amazing) isdue to the death of their father at such a young age rather than being just normal behaviour.  I question everything and feel critical of everything I do.  I don't know anyone who has gone through the same situation and I think it would be helpful if anyone else is going through the same. Thanks Jackie

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Re: It's been 8 months
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 09:14:17 PM »
Sending a welcome hug Jackie xx

:hug: :hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
Re: It's been 8 months
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 09:31:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum Jackie. Sorry to hear of your loss.

3 children will keep you very busy and being busy can push our grief into the background, as you say, operating on autopilot. The grief will eventually come out and bring with it the whirlwind of emotions that makes us doubt things and think we're 'losing it'. No two of us have the same journey through grief and however it effects us is normal for us. They say things get easier with time. I hope that's right.

Wishing you strength

:hug: