Author Topic: Coundown to fathers day again  (Read 4057 times)

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
Coundown to fathers day again
« on: May 29, 2016, 10:13:59 AM »
Over the last few days have noticed the signs increasing - posters, cards are coming out and I'm sure the adverts will start soon too - fathers day is on its way.  Always brings a sadness, reminds me how much I miss my dad, how much I wish he was here, to explore and share stories with.  Its hard isnt it - like all these 'occasions' there's nothing wrong with advertising fathers day and there'll be plenty of people getting a card for their dad and I hope it does encourage people to celebrate how great their dads may be, but always a sad reminder for those who have lost them

This year, I'm thinking on something we can do to remember/send a message to dad.  Will take a flower to his stone as usual, would like to do something else too.  We've had some great times at the seaside, so thinking I might suggest to my sister we could go to the beach with the little ones, write messages on pebbles and throw them into the sea this year. xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Joann

Re: Coundown to fathers day again
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 04:26:38 PM »
Sending  :hug: Emz. I found Mothers Day hard this year. Every time an advert came on the TV I would switch over as it annoyed me.
Myself and my sisters got some Chinese lanterns, wrote messages on them and let them go which was nice.
Taking it one day at a time.

Offline Dave Administrator

• Dave
  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • BUK Founder
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 10:41:21 PM »
That sounds like a really positive and lovely idea Em'z and will give purpose to celebrate fathers day in your own way. xx
Take care and please keep posting however small or large you can manage, we need them.

Offline zebedee

• Always on my mind. x
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 09:09:50 AM »
Sending  :hug: Emz. I found Mothers Day hard this year. Every time an advert came on the TV I would switch over as it annoyed me.
Myself and my sisters got some Chinese lanterns, wrote messages on them and let them go which was nice.

I like that idea. It'll be my first. Really not looking forward to it but want to do something x x x
I used to be his angel..and now he's mine.
Your wings were ready, but my heart was not.
Miss you Dad xxx

Offline Fazzer 70

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 09:59:53 PM »
I too are not looking forward to fathers day. It will be the 1st time in 46 years I can't buy him a present. It's so hard going into shops that's advertising it. It makes me angry for a split second that I can't have my dad for that day but then come back around to the idea that at least I had 46 special years with a fantastic dad.im planning on going to leave his father's day card on his grave and write on helium balloons and set them off.