Author Topic: This is me  (Read 2806 times)

Offline mike59

This is me
« on: May 12, 2016, 10:30:15 AM »
as youve already guessed I am mike, was married for 38 wonderful Happy years to an Angel I am 57 years of age full of moans & Groans, have 3 lovley Adult children (2 boys 1 Girl) 31 30 24 I am Registered Disabled due to a Bad fall 25 years ago, I was when working a mental Nurse for over 25 happy years I have many health problems from Arthritis Sleep Apnea (BAM Bile Salt malabsorbtion= causes great stomach Cramps and bowel problems, there are many more problems to many to mention,im not great at self explanation and not very extrovert but I do like to help others and make new friends I am finding life very challenging at the moment, very lonely and depressed also wanting to stay at home feel very unsafe and bewildered away from home , well sorry if i have bored you thats about it for now,

:hug: :hug: to all  :hearts:

Offline rajahh

Re: This is me
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 12:33:00 PM »
Mike I have been meaning to respond to your other posts but I got bogged down on my I pad and in fact did reply but it all went pear shaped and I gave up.

I am on my laptop now and find the keypad much easier to use so here I am again trying to reach out to you.

Losing your wife is obviously distressing, and along with your health problems you will feel totally out of your " comfort zone". This adds to your health problems as you feel totally unable to deal with any of them.

During my husbands 8 year illness I began to suffer health problems, and after he died they increased. I too never wanted to leave the house, it was the only place I felt safe. I had mild panic attacks when I was outside and only went anywhere by taxi door to door.

This has diminished. but it is 2 years since my husband died, and although I am much older than you my brain has decided I can no longer live in my cocoon.

I am not sure how long ago your wife died, but it sounds as though it is fairly recently, in which case you should not feel you are trapped in this downward spiral for ever.

I never believed in the phrase time is a great healer, but in practice I have found it to be true.  It is not that you " heal" it is rather that you learn to live without the physical presence of the people you loved. I do this by still talking to them even out loud, when I am in the house. I sit with a photograph and just chat. I let my husband help me make decisions by asking myself what he would have done or said in  a situation I find myself in.  This helps me.

I am also lucky as I have a friend who lost her husband 6 weeks after I lost Gordon and she wants to keep her husband " alive" as well, so we often talk about them. They knew each other too, not very well, but did have chats from time to time after church on a Sunday evening.

My husband was not the father of my children but they were supportive, during his illness and after he died, but I rarely talk about Gordon to them.

Take comfort Mike, you have lived through the worst day of your life, the rest may not be easy, but the pain and desolation are never really as severe as the first day or two.

Love  Jeannette

Offline mike59

thankyou Jeannette
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 12:43:46 PM »
Thankyou Jeannette you are very kind, Gail Passed on Febuary 28th 3.00 am, People say time heals Personally Im not so sure . maybe like you say and everyone else tells me it will feel better or more Comfortable, Missing a loved one or Partner(wife/Husband) is so painful and Miss her I really Do,this is why this site is a Saviour to people like ourselfs,I am Desperate to Talk to somone Face to Face as I have Many issues that need Addressing some are Religious or Spiritual I think once that is Approached maybe I will Settle a bit and then the Healing Process may or maynot Begin. thanks again I Love you all xx

:hug:   :hearts:   :hug:

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 12:49:40 PM »
Hi mike. So sorry to hear of your loss.

I am pretty new to grieving and can't offer much help on how to deal with grief but I can tell you that I find some comfort from the wonderful people on this site who are unfortunately on the same journey as us.

Wishing you strength.  :hug:

(We do need a man hug emoticon!)

Offline mike59

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 12:53:53 PM »
I do agree about the man hug thing But do you Know since my Wifes passing Ive never hugged and kissed so many males/men and I just dont care at one time I would have been a bit Embaressed.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 03:02:39 PM »
Oh alright then -  :hug: :hug: :hug:

and now for a  :coffeetoast:
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~