Author Topic: Heartbroken  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Lindy60

• New Members
Heartbroken
« on: May 11, 2016, 03:31:00 PM »
I lost my husband so unexpectedly on 12th March 2016.  I am heartbroken and don't know what to do.  He was only 56 and wasn't ill, he passed so quickly, (a post mortem revealed ischemic heart disease).  The coroner said Steve would not have known or felt anything but I feel so guilty that maybe I missed something.  He was my soulmate, best friend and the greatest husband I could have wished for.  I have two grown up daughters who have been amazing but I feel so alone x

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
Re: Heartbroken
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 03:41:33 PM »
First of all welcome to our group.  Secondly please accept may heart felt condolences to you and you family.  I hope you can find some comfort knowing your not alone in how you fell.  I lost my husband in Dec 2010 he was 44.  Please keep posting and tell us a little about yourself.  We all understand the pain of grief and help support each other.  Take care.  Penny x

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 04:05:33 PM »
Welcome Lindy thats exactly how I lost  my hubby in 2014, it is so hard to accept that something like that can happen when they havent been Ill, and yes you feel sure there should have been a sign. My heart does go out to you hun. Xxx

:hug:
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 05:45:51 PM »
My condolences to you Lindy60. We all know the pain you are feeling, nobody can truly understand until they've 'been there'. It's good to have the love and support of children but nothing can stop the feeling of desolation when half of you is gone. All we can do is work through each day as it comes and look forward to the time when our feelings are not as raw. I'm 6 months down the line now and some days I almost feel normal, I've realised it's a new normal though.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 06:03:38 PM »
Hi Lindy60. Welcome to the forums. I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

I can understand what you are going through. I lost my wife on 19th March and my two daughters have also. been wonderful but my life now seems so empty. I also have the guilty feeling that there was something I could have done that would have led to a different outcome. This seems to be quite a normal part of the grieving process as our brains try to make sense of what has happened. Of course knowing what to expect doesn't make things any easier or our personal journey through grief any faster.

I wish you the strength to cope with your journey.   :hug:

Offline Joann

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 06:41:10 PM »
Lindy, I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you lots of  :hug:
Taking it one day at a time.

Offline Soleil

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 08:01:57 PM »
So sorry for your loss Lindy, I'm sure that there was nothing you could have done. These are just the tragedies of our lives that we have to live with and go on. Here is a great place to share.  :hug:

Offline Lindy60

• New Members
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 11:46:51 PM »
Thank you for your kind messages, it's good to know there is support.  I try not to burden the girls with all my emotions as they are obviously grieving too.  I just feel so empty and don't know what I should be doing.  We had so many plans, I just can't believe he has gone xxx

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 10:29:27 AM »
Hello Lindy. Like you, I try not to upset my daughters who I know miss their Mum as much as I do. At one time I worried that they might think that I didn't care but over the last few months I've realised that they know me well enough to know that's not true. When people are really close to one anotherthey just know. I've said many times that when Chris used to grumble at me for not speaking I used to say that we didn't need to speak. I knew what she was thinking and I knew what she was going to say before she said it. I sometimes used to answer her before she had spoken and it made her even more angry when she had to admit I was spot on  :smiley: .

I suppose what I'm saying is you care about them and they care about you and that's how it should be. Don't worry if occasionally it leads to a few tears Follow them up with a cuddle and big hug and comfort one another.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~