Author Topic: Almost three months  (Read 2973 times)

Offline Scared

Almost three months
« on: May 10, 2016, 05:01:54 AM »
It's been almost three month now since I lost my husband and it seems like yesterday. I think it is getting harder than easier.  I cry all the time and I still can't function some days. I am scared because my whole life stopped.

Offline Joann

Re: Almost three months
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 09:27:04 AM »
I am so sorry for what you are going through. Have you considered talking to your GP?
Taking it one day at a time.

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 05:27:59 PM »
Losing your partner is a major life change. Three months is a very short time to come to terms with everything that has changed. Barely enough time to take in the initial shock. After nearly two months I find myself unable to plan anything as I don't know from one minute to the next whether I will be coping or a mental and physical wreck.

I guess what I am trying to say is that what you are going through is normal. Don't let it scare you.  :hug:

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 08:02:53 PM »
Hello Scared, my condolences on your loss. Three months is a significant waypoint for a lot of people and I was at about that point when I was offered a place in a support group hosted by our local hospice where Chris died last October. I clearly remember that one of the first things I said in our first meeting was, "It's just getting worse, not better." There were 14 of us in the group and everyone was at more or less the same stage and all agreed they felt the same. I'm sure the grieving process is different for everyone and I know we all have the same feelings and emotions but at various times but I believe that what you are feeling right now is common to almost all of us. It will get a little easier as time goes by. If you have the chance, talking to people in the same position as you does help.

The group meetings for me were a safe place to let my emotions out. A place where you could cry, sit quietly, even laugh occasionally in the knowledge that everyone understood.
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~