Author Topic: hello  (Read 3816 times)

Offline reniemarie

• New Members
hello
« on: May 01, 2016, 06:24:56 PM »
Hello, I lost my partner February this year and I'm not quite sure what I was hoping for coming on here but would be nice to talk to someone who knows and understands how I'm feeling.  :candle:

Offline pennyking

• VIP Member
Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 07:37:37 PM »
Welcome Reniemarie.   So sorry for your loss.  You are amoungst people who understand how your feeling.  I lost my husband in Dec 2010 he was 44.  I have made many friends through this site who have helped me every day to get this far.  Please keep talking to us and tell us about yourself and your partner.  Sending hugs.  Take care.  Penny x

Offline reniemarie

• New Members
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 07:42:20 PM »
Thank you, he was only 41 and our daughter wasn't even 4 months old. I'm only 25 and really don't know how to deal with any of this x

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 08:43:52 PM »
Sending a welcome hug  :hug: xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx

Offline Hubby

• VIP Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 09:44:11 PM »
Hi reniemarie. Welcome to the forum.  :hug:

I lost my partner 6 weeks ago. I also didn't know what I was hoping for when I came on here but I find it helps to write my feelings down and know that others understand what I am going through. It reassures me that I am not losing my mind which is what it seems like sometimes.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 09:45:48 PM by Hubby »

Offline longedge

• VIP Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 10:07:06 PM »
I'm a bit late with the welcome, but heartfelt nevertheless as is my sympathy  :heart: . Everyone here understands the pain and heartache and we've all felt the benefit of having somewhere to come and talk.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 10:08:46 PM by longedge »
I'll never get over losing her and I used to think that eventually
I would learn to live with it - that's not happened yet.

~ I'm George by the way ~

Offline Jude M

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 11:45:43 PM »
Welcome Reniemarie, so sorry for the loss of your partner. my husband passed away just over 3 years ago.
There are no rules to grief  and just remember we are here to support you and for long as you need us , take care xx
I get up, go to work and survive another day .

Offline Rosaleen

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 09:51:44 AM »
Hello Reniemarie
I'm so sorry you've had to come onto this site but you will get help support and understanding here. We've all lost someone precious to us.  :hearts:

Offline reniemarie

• New Members
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 10:59:02 AM »
Thank you all, just feel like I can't grieve about it and finding it difficult. So many questions are left unanswered, my support network has faltered and I feel really alone. I'm sorry for everyone else that is grieving too and all your losses x

Offline Spaicer

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 06:40:48 PM »
Hello Reniemarie, so sorry for your loss. Everyone here is so supportive, I too don't have much of a support network around me & personally find it really helpful to write down how I'm feeling knowing that everyone here understands.
I lost my husband in January and would be lost without this site. Sending you  :hug:

Offline Joann

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 07:17:45 PM »
Sending you welcome  :hug:
Taking it one day at a time.

Offline Norma

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 06:10:28 PM »
Welcome reniemarie,im so sorry for your loss and also that your support network seems to have broken down, but please believe you will never loss the support from members here so please keep posting xxx
Its been a rough week but i made it. How about you 💐

Offline Emz2014

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 08:58:19 AM »
It is hard for others to understand when they haven't been through a loss themselves.  No matter how much they try they cannot imagine what it feels like.  often they don't mean to abandon us, they just don't understand. 

I think sometimes it's hard for them to know what to do too. Especially on some days we don't know what we need either.  I know there were days when I seemed so changeable. One minute I would want company and a hug, but the next I wanted to be somewhere alone

People understand here, which really helps work through our thoughts and emotions xx
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise. 
Hold on in there xx